Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Been lurking for a while - this is my first post.

Bummed that I haven't yet heard from GMU.  I know other people are getting their letters, and I really thought I was a strong candidate for the school.  Is there any chance left?  I got worried a bit ago - they said they hadn't received my official transcripts, which freaked me out.  I'm concerned that they tossed my application without reviewing it.

This year I applied to: George Mason, Georgetown, George Washington, Columbia, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, American, Univ. of Maryland.

Been lurking for a while - this is my first post.

Bummed that I haven't yet heard from GMU.  I know other people are getting their letters, and I really thought I was a strong candidate for the school.  Is there any chance left?  I got worried a bit ago - they said they hadn't received my official transcripts, which freaked me out.  I'm concerned that they tossed my application without reviewing it.

This year I applied to: George Mason, Georgetown, George Washington, Columbia, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, American, Univ. of Maryland.

Strong raft of schools - we have a bit of crossover! GMU didn't require official transcripts I think, so they should have reviewed it. And if you haven't heard anything, they could still come back after the first wave.

congrats to duke and NYU admits! i'm still holding out for NYU and haven't heard anything so, if you don't mind me asking, was the email from the graduate school or from a POI? trying to gauge my chances here...

LTL here. Congrats to the admits! It looks like duke and NYU are trickling in. Any thoughts on whether this means they (admin or POIs) are doing them on an individual basis or perhaps the admitees are just checking email less frequently than the UCSD applicants?

I'm one of the NYU admits - received the email a few hours ago but didn't get a chance until recently to post it on the results board. The email came from the department, not a POI.

Thanks and congrats!

4/10th of me wants to call the department and ask them for more info.

Same here...this is all making me a bit antsy. I guess I'm just gonna have a beer and see if that distracts me a bit.

Hey guys, I was rejected by one school today which made me feel terrible. I am international applicant. After the rejection I went to a friend's party to forget about the bad news. When I came back I found a Duke admission in my mailbox. The essential part of the story is not to lose confidence, even when facing bad news.

Hey guys, I was rejected by one school today which made me feel terrible. I am international applicant. After the rejection I went to a friend's party to forget about the bad news. When I came back I found a Duke admission in my mailbox. The essential part of the story is not to lose confidence, even when facing bad news.

Thanks for updating us.

I'm still very hopeful for my top choice (which could be due any day over the next two weeks), especially in light of my waitlist today.

I'm really anxious for the next round of schools coming up any day now but just got invited on a last minute camping trip with some friends so at least the weekend will go by fast!  

Congrats everyone who got into their programs today.

Alright - looks like the day is done for anything being known. Based on a lack of info, I'm assuming I'm out at UCSD, Duke and NYU.

Anyone willing to admit their dream schools now? Or safer to wait until all the cards are on the table?