Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Anyone apply to Indiana-Bloomington?  Wondering when they'll have decisions.

I did.  My guess (if last cycle is any indicator) is that admits should hear something next week. But really, who knows?

Anyone apply to Indiana-Bloomington?  Wondering when they'll have decisions.
I've applied there. Decisions should be soon right? They had one of the earliest deadlines.
northwestern admit?   i'm not ready for all that...
I'm not ready either!

So we've had two MIT admits so far? 

Any idea what the usual pattern for MIT is? Do they gradually let people know or is there a big push over a day or two? 

In other words, should I lose hope if I don't hear from them today? 

So we've had two MIT admits so far? 

Any idea what the usual pattern for MIT is? Do they gradually let people know or is there a big push over a day or two? 

In other words, should I lose hope if I don't hear from them today? 

Perusing last year's forum, it seems as though MIT tends to notify over the span of a week. (The same goes for Columbia, who notified around the same time last year, for anyone who is curious.)

I would guess that, having seen the first acceptances go out for MIT, next Friday might be a reasonable date to expect to hear by? I hope, at least -- I'm in the same boat, and I hope we both hear excellent news from them shortly :)!

Long time lurker here (for like... two years?). Am thrilled to claim a Michigan acceptance. Honestly, given my mediocre GRE scores I was convinced that I had no hope anywhere (had only applied to four schools to minimize the ego trauma). So glad that things worked out.

Don't lose hope, folks!!! 

Dinged at UCLA...expected as I'm not a great fit there
Condolances! But congrats on Ohio, that's a great school. Did you get the email this morning? Seems weird given that its still the middle of the night there!

Good morning everyone! Congrats to new MIT, Michigan, Northwestern, and UPenn admits. 

Here's an updated spreadsheet as of this AM: http://wikisend.com/download/355590/Polisci PhD admit data.xlsx

Already three more Michigan admits for 2013 than were posted on Grad Cafe last year so we probably won't see many more of these. We (thankfully) still probably have a lot to hear from UCLA and UCSD (come on!), and more MIT and Northwestern for sure (though most MIT might come via post). We've also yet to hear more from Columbia besides those two admits last week (were those even claimed?). 

We've also yet to hear more from Columbia besides those two admits last week (were those even claimed?). 

No I don't think they were and from what I have heard from friends in the department, the decisions will likely not be out till next week if not the week after. Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later though!

No I don't think they were and from what I have heard from friends in the department, the decisions will likely not be out till next week if not the week after. Here's to hoping it's sooner rather than later though!

Good to know (and makes me feel a little better...)

Good morning everyone! Congrats to new MIT, Michigan, Northwestern, and UPenn admits. 

Here's an updated spreadsheet as of this AM: http://wikisend.com/download/355590/Polisci PhD admit data.xlsx

Already three more Michigan admits for 2013 than were posted on Grad Cafe last year so we probably won't see many more of these. We (thankfully) still probably have a lot to hear from UCLA and UCSD (come on!), and more MIT and Northwestern for sure (though most MIT might come via post). We've also yet to hear more from Columbia besides those two admits last week (were those even claimed?). 

Wow. That's quite a spreadsheet. Can't get more systematic than this.