Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Really? All? That makes me feel better.

After talking to them, I was under the impression that all of the apps had this problem.

curious... For anyone who has actually heard from Michigan, did your app ever say Complete on the Wolverine site?

If you can sleep, for the sake of all things decent, get some sleep!

agreed! best case, you wake up to a glorious acceptance... worst case, you stay up constantly refreshing your email in vain and are exhausted at the end with no new info.  I defintiely vote for Sleep!

By post? Seriously? Even for internationals? That would actually take forever. Better listen to Lemeard, then. 

A lot were, all on the same day too, so they probably overnight them. But some calls and emails too. 

agreed! best case, you wake up to a glorious acceptance... worst case, you stay up constantly refreshing your email in vain and are exhausted at the end with no new info.  I defintiely vote for Sleep!

That's great advice actually! I woke up to my NYU acceptance having no idea they would send out decisions that early. Best morning ever. As you can probably tell, I live on the other side of the world. 

Sleep it is. Seems to be working for me. 

On the other hand, I got the UCLA acceptance when I was in a drunken stupor way past midnight. Maybe I should... 

In any case, best of luck to everyone! Have a good weekend! I will do my best to stay away from the forum until Monday... 

For anyone stressing about the status of their Columbia apps, I called today, after seeing that my GRE scores were not received.  It turns out that they were, but the site isn't updating.

Now all they have to do is accept me with full funding!  :P

Well fortunately they have guaranteed funding for all their phd students and all ppl get the same. Love schools that do that! So good luck to everyone on gettin in!

Edited by rkmattson

That's pretty cruel.  I think if in the 1 in 9,999,999,999,999 chance that I answered my phone and it was Shanto Iyengar calling to congratulate me on my acceptance, I would be so utterly shocked that I would probably just end up making a fool out of myself. 

Indeed!

curious... For anyone who has actually heard from Michigan, did your app ever say Complete on the Wolverine site?

Mine still says incomplete and I got in, so I think it's a system-wide glitch (I also emailed to check that they had all my materials and they confirmed that they did). 

Oof... sorry about that, man.

Crap now I'm really going to check my email every 5 seconds.

thanks... yeah depressing start for my admissions cycle... really hoping for a positive turn soon...

Edited by PhDhopeful2013