Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

This site only reinforces my natural inclination for obsessive neurosis.

Right there with you.  Which gives me the thought that the banner ad up at the top of this page should be for Xanax or Valium.

sure thing; americanist.

best of luck everyone! it's not even 1pm in Berkeley... plenty of time for calls.

Looking at last year's Berkeley results, it seems IR came out weeks later. Could be that the subfields are very separate. Will be interesting to here the subfields of other admits

Congrats!

I'm the American subfield at Berkeley as well

sure thing; americanist.

best of luck everyone! it's not even 1pm in Berkeley... plenty of time for calls.

Thanks both, this makes me a *little* less panicky. 

Ok, I did hear some info on UVa. The acceptances (two or three of them I saw?) are the departmental nominations for the big fellowship. Those decisions are made/sent out before others in order to correspond to a university deadline. You can even actually see that pattern on previous years' results. My guess (pretty confident) is that decisions will happen/come out next week at this stage. Monday - Wednesday if it matches last year exactly.

That single rejection is....questionable. Or someone was told they were incomplete.

Thoughts?

Ahh, thanks for this info! I've only seen one acceptance but maybe it's because I'm not searching correctly..?

Here's hoping that you're right and we'll hear early next week. Those few posts really put it on my radar. Same with that conspicuous Northwestern admit...

Edit: grammar

Edited by peasonearth

I just received my Ohio State rejection in the mail. I already knew it was coming from checking the website. It'll go in my PhD-folder as a memory.

When you're a leading IR scholar have it framed on your wall as motivation :P

I just received my Ohio State rejection in the mail. I already knew it was coming from checking the website. It'll go in my PhD-folder as a memory.

Ugh...and I was just about to go check the mail. Guess I'll wait until Sunday.

Dear Berkeley: I haven't met you (and this is crazy), but here's my number (so CALL ME MAYBE). 

Had to share this with my roommates as we all hunker down to wait out the Boston storm! 

Oh right, good luck with that! We're just missing it in DC. 

Actually I'm pretty sure she wrote that song about grad school admissions (who knew?): 

"I threw a wish in the well,

Don't ask me, I'll never tell

I looked to you as it fell,

And now you're in my way

I'd trade my soul for a wish,

Pennies and dimes for a kiss

I wasn't looking for this,

But now you're in my way