Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

I've never heard of "rejected off waitlist." Weird. Sorry.

Edit: By that I mean, I didn't realize we could lose after being allowed to hang on a hook.

Yea, i guess there is a set number of spots and a set number of offers out. If people do not reject by a certain time frame, if you are on the waitlist you lose.

I got SUNY Binghamton provisional offer now..

They wait a financial statment from me but I will use goverment scholarship to fund my PhD and firstly I need to show to the govermental office a document proving my admission offer. What should I do now?

:wacko: :wacko:

I got SUNY Binghamton provisional offer now..

They wait a financial statment from me but I will use goverment scholarship to fund my PhD and firstly I need to show to the govermental office a document proving my admission offer. What should I do now?

:wacko: :wacko:

Show the government your admission offer...

Did any theory people here apply to the Committee on Social Thought at Chicago? I know they're perhaps notoriously Straussian, but thought I'd check. I'm currently waitlisted there and dying for more info, so curious to hear anyone's thoughts/news...

Anyone know when we're gonna hear from Chicago on MAPSS/CIR? If I remember right, someone said we'd heard end of last week/early this week. 

Yeah that was me - I had called the department on Tuesday last week and they said either by the end of that week or early next week. Then I got an email response to the email I had sent a few days earlier and she said the absolute latest we'll hear is the 28th.... So either way it'll be sometime this week....

Yeah that was me - I had called the department on Tuesday last week and they said either by the end of that week or early next week. Then I got an email response to the email I had sent a few days earlier and she said the absolute latest we'll hear is the 28th.... So either way it'll be sometime this week....

Oh. Thanks! I hope they let us know soon. 

Just think only about 6 weeks till decision day. And then we are out of the woods

this is a happy thought!  after such a slow week last week, I am just ready to know the remaining decisions - yay or nay.  some closure, please!!

Edited by PhDhopeful2013

I feel like decision day should be like the NFL/NHL drafts. You walk up on stage at Madison Square Garden (or somewhere else), shake hands with your new program, answer questions for journalists, and enjoy the spotlight for a bit.

Would be awesome.

I've had similar thoughts! This should be like National Signing Day for college football. Sit at a table with the hats of you prospective schools, then select one as camera flashes are going off and people are cheering! One can dream.

officially rejected from Yale- got an email to check the site. They said they had 10,500 applicants - This just HAS to be for all of the grad school, I am assuming.

Yeah, that's what I assumed too. Maybe they say that to make it sound more dramatic?

Edited by CGMJ

Does somebody know the MA in Conflict Resolution that Georgetown offers?

I got my MA in the government department at GU (not the conflict res program) so I'm very familiar with it. I had many friends that really enjoyed their time in the program and had solid job prospects afterwards. Others thought it was a bit touchy feely and not applicable to the real world, but I guess that's the case in any conflict res program. 

The faculty in the GU government department are absolutely fantastic on the whole and if you want to take classes in SFS you can.