Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

I haven't heard from them either, which makes me kind of hopeful. On the other hand, I also said I'd like to be considered for the M.A. program, so I'm worried that's the only reason why they did not answer yet. Is that the case for you as well?

Yeah, I also asked to be considered for the MA program, so maybe that's it. Not sure why I bothered. I already have a masters and definitely don't plan on doing another...

That's plausible (I myself can't remember if I said yes to the MA question, though I remember I considered it)... but I was also under the impression that they made the decisions independently. As in, you get the official decision from the PhD program (which in this case would be a rejection) and then later the decision from the MA program. I could be wrong of course... did anyone who received bad news ask to be considered for the MA?

Yeah, I also asked to be considered for the MA program, so maybe that's it. Not sure why I bothered. I already have a masters and definitely don't plan on doing another...

Same for me. I said I want to, but now that I got a Ph.D. offer and my (planned) funding source is not going to fund me, I will definitely not enroll in their M.A.

So the question is: Did anyone say he wants to be considered for the M.A. but already receive the rejection for the Ph.D.? As far as I remember they say on their website that admissions for the M.A. are rolling and that it takes longer for those than for the Ph.D.

Same for me. I said I want to, but now that I got a Ph.D. offer and my (planned) funding source is not going to fund me, I will definitely not enroll in their M.A.

So the question is: Did anyone say he wants to be considered for the M.A. but already receive the rejection for the Ph.D.? As far as I remember they say on their website that admissions for the M.A. are rolling and that it takes longer for those than for the Ph.D.

I never recieved a rejection from the PhD program but got the MA. I just double checked my application and there was no slot to ask to be considered for the MA. Its very odd how they did this. Especially without a better explanation on the letter.

On a differnt note, being in MSU and UNC limbo is driving me crazy. Would be happy to get some positive news before the end of the day. I'd settle for positive news by the end of the week though.

I never recieved a rejection from the PhD program but got the MA. I just double checked my application and there was no slot to ask to be considered for the MA. Its very odd how they did this. Especially without a better explanation on the letter.

On a differnt note, being in MSU and UNC limbo is driving me crazy. Would be happy to get some positive news before the end of the day. I'd settle for positive news by the end of the week though.

You mean this year or was that last year? Did they already send out their M.A. admissions? All of this is kind of crazy... ;)

In at Yale... Speechless!!!

It's really a great news! congrats~~ :)

My rej said there are more than 10,050 applicants this year. That's a huge number and congrats you for standing out!!

Hope you will share your final choice among your offers!! 

Edited by shadi

To those who are attending visiting weekend or visiting day

Can someone tell me why University like Maryland or Virginia don't hold any kind of visiting events to attract their admitted students? 

Is it because of financial problems for these public school? But it doesn't make sense since I heard some other publics do hold?

I believe visiting days will definitely help me make my decisions~ 

Edited by shadi

To those who are attending visiting weekend or visiting day

Can someone tell me why University like Maryland or Virginia don't hold any kind of visiting events to attract their admitted students? 

Is it because of financial problems for these public school? But it doesn't make sense since I heard some other publics do hold?

I believe visiting days will definitely help me make my decisions~ 

Unless UVa explicitly told you there won't be one, there will be. We have one every year, so you'll hear soon enough about the details, I would imagine.

It seems like Brown and Georgetown made their decisions and I did not received the lucky email/phone call. Pretty sad day... UMD is also probably done, so it's not such a great season as I hoped it would be... :(

GTown has only alerted 3 people so far. Last year had far more.

UWSpades --

Any idea when that weekend will be?

Unless UVa explicitly told you there won't be one, there will be. We have one every year, so you'll hear soon enough about the details, I would imagine.

Thanks much --

GTown has only alerted 3 people so far. Last year had far more.

Their website states that they admit 6 to 8 with funding (see below).  I also read/heard somewhere that more positions are offered, but without guaranteed funding.  I've not yet given up hope - no reported acceptances for IR :)

If anyone has been accepted by Georgetown: can you please advise whether your status has changed in the online application system??

Q: What are my chances of getting a full fellowship? 

A: The competition for fellowships is quite competitive. The Department of Government offers anywhere between 6 to 8 full fellowships (stipend and tuition scholarship for up to five years contingent upon satisfactory academic performance) to incoming students. Our stipends are approximately $18,580 per academic year.

Source : http://government.georgetown.edu/57324.html

It's really a great news! congrats~~ :)

My rej said there are more than 10,050 applicants this year. That's a huge number and congrats you for standing out!!

Hope you will share your final choice among your offers!! 

Thank you! I'm still in disbelief!! I guess the GSAS had 10'050 applications... definitely too many for the Pol Sci Dep to handle ^_^

Aaaaahhhh... the wait for Harvard is killing me. Harvard and Princeton, what are you guys doing???? I see someone on the results list commented that Harvard is "hoping to release decisions by the week of March 4." Anyone know anything?

Applied: 8

Accepted: U of Mich, Berkeley, Columbia, Stanford, MIT

Rejected: Yale (maybe they heard me bad-mouthing their China program)

Awaiting: Harvard, Princeton