Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

I'm not sure what exactly this says about us here in political science , but out of curiousity (read: boredom) I just browsed through most of the other disciplines' forums and almost all of them had very low posting counts for the current application cycle. 

I think I only saw 2 other subjects that even came remotely close to the amount of traffic here with the rest being quite low. 

I noticed that too.

Safe to say we all spend a lot of time here. =)

I finally got ahold of someone at the UCSD graduate admissions office. They informed me that my application was "Under Review" and couldn't tell me anything else. Argh!

Blechh. 

For the folks wondering, I am the Maryland admit. To clarify, I received an email directing me to the website, where there was an acceptance letter.

i appreciate it! and congrats, sir!

mine still says my application is complete...

at least it's not a rejection!

Also I'm surprised more Michigan rejections haven't been posted. Last year there were 36 all on the same day.

We've had a change in program coordinators, and the new one might be handling how letters are sent out differently. Decisions have been made since Monday.

Once again (since it might have gotten lost amidst the fray), if you were admitted to Michigan and have questions about the program, feel free to PM me.

I'm not sure what exactly this says about us here in political science , but out of curiousity (read: boredom) I just browsed through most of the other disciplines' forums and almost all of them had very low posting counts for the current application cycle. 

I think I only saw 2 other subjects that even came remotely close to the amount of traffic here with the rest being quite low. 

The economists all hang out in the urch forums. They are quite post-happy over there

We've had a change in program coordinators, and the new one might be handling how letters are sent out differently. Decisions have been made since Monday.

Once again (since it might have gotten lost amidst the fray), if you were admitted to Michigan and have questions about the program, feel free to PM me.

Thanks, this is good to know! Alas I didn't get an admit so I'm guessing I'm not on the list, but your offer is appreciated!