Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

no news is good news? right? 

srsly, why havent i heard anything? 

...i've determined, as a theorist without a phd, that there's no rhyme or reason to this process-- despite the numbers from the anxiety-provoking-super-process-yield-percent-acceptance-chart-thing... (you can totally use that name btw!)     :)

For those that have applied to Minnesota - am I the only one left in "No Man's Land" (aka - application still under review)? 

Also in the same boat. ditto UPenn, but I believe they practice the "make you wait for it" approach to rejections (as opposed to sending out rejections and admits simultaneously)

Congratulations to all the new admits today!  :)

And for those still waiting... it doesn't matter how many rejections you get; what matters is that one admittance that makes all the difference in the end.

Congrats on UCSD guys, was a long time coming :)

Edit: nice to see someone get in with a 154 quant score, gives some others hope for great programmes.

Edited by Tupamaros

Congrats on UCSD guys, was a long time coming :)   Edit: nice to see someone get in with a 154 quant score, gives some others hope for great programmes.
Thanks!! That score is me kids. I thought it would kill my apps, but at least I've got one admit, and super happy it's UCSD. I also have a masters and some publications, so that helps.

Whoever just posted the update re: UCLA - did you just get that e-mail recently this afternoon?

I was really hoping to have the up or down from them before the weekend.

Congrats to all the admits today, especially the UCSD ones (I'm so jealous...amazing program guys)! I'm bummed I didn't hear anything today from anywhere, but there's always next week!

Excuse me while I continue my single-mindedness, but anyone have any clue what's up with Texas? We've had some rejections, some admittances and then some people with nothing (this last group includes myself). Are they done admitting people? While I'd prefer the answer to that question to be 'no,' but I can live with some information either way.

In any event, congrats to all of the new admits!

Anyone else think it's hilariously ironic that our cycle's Nate Silver is serving as the inspiration for "low" Q scores?

Awww, thanks dude :)

It helps that I have a job which requires data analysis to prove that I can do math. 

Excuse me while I continue my single-mindedness, but anyone have any clue what's up with Texas? We've had some rejections, some admittances and then some people with nothing (this last group includes myself). Are they done admitting people? While I'd prefer the answer to that question to be 'no,' but I can live with some information either way.

In any event, congrats to all of the new admits!

I called the department and I asked about that and I received a pretty peculiar, kinda rude answer: If you didn't get an email by now, you're probably rejected, but we're still sorting through our system. It was brutal and it was hard to keep my mouth shut when someone that knows nothing about you announces you that you're probably rejected.