Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

They're about the only two we (on this forum) are waiting for, aren't they?!

Nope! Turkey, Vietnam, Central America/Caribbean, Middle East/North Africa... We're all still waiting! I'm sure there's others I'm missing too...

Nope! Turkey, Vietnam, Central America/Caribbean, Middle East/North Africa... We're all still waiting! I'm sure there's others I'm missing too...

don't forget Latviaaaaaa :'(

And tomorrow's a public holiday there so if I don't hear today it will definitely not be til Thursday, probably...

And tomorrow's a public holiday there so if I don't hear today it will definitely not be til Thursday, probably...

And we hardly ever get news on Thursday! One of the girls in Estonia just told me she was out of school tomorrow. I wonder if they are having a holiday also.

Yup! Latvia too! Bummer about the holiday... Hopefully you'll hear today... If not - the good news is that we'll only be in limbo until May 15th. It sounds like forever, but it's really only 2 more weeks, which after a year of preparing for this, really isn't too too awful...

And we hardly ever get news on Thursday! One of the girls in Estonia just told me she was out of school tomorrow. I wonder if they are having a holiday also.

In Lebanon there is Holiday Wednesday, Friday and next Monday :s

I have noticed on the statistics link http://us.fulbrighto....org/statistics that Lebanon is missing, although last year grants were awarded .... and this year grants are being awarded too! This same website mentions that no grants are available to Lebanon for years 2014-2015, although Amideast Lebanon started promoting for fulbright 2014-2015 ....

Hey! Half of Norway is still waiting too!

I was thinking you guys were still in limbo also. But fear not, Congress voted to clear up the air traffic portion of the sequester. Lol!

I'm de-lurking to say what up fellow Morocco people! There's a lot of us now... I guess we were all hoping to hear last week.

Also, thanks to everyone on this forum for making me feel like less of a crazy person : ) I haven't commented until now, but its nice knowing other people are stressing over this too!

morocco as well......I long for the covered souk of Fez

rpugh2, you'll be in Fes? Me too! Are you a research grant applicant? What's your research?

Yup! Latvia too! Bummer about the holiday... Hopefully you'll hear today... If not - the good news is that we'll only be in limbo until May 15th. It sounds like forever, but it's really only 2 more weeks, which after a year of preparing for this, really isn't too too awful...

Yep, holiday in Estonia too. It is a holiday for workers.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted much on this board before but I've been following for a while. 

Anyways, I've been an alternate for almost 2 months now and still haven't received any notification. Therefore, I should probably assume that I'm not going to get the grant, right? I have heard of people being promoted last minute in previous years but I'm starting to loose faith.

I think May Day is a holiday pretty much everywhere except the US :P

Of course! This is why my Estonian friends say I live in "Wonderland" because everything is so different. And not always in a good way!

rpugh2, you'll be in Fes? Me too! Are you a research grant applicant? What's your research?

Agriculture in rural Morocco....but hopefully starting language instruction in Fez at ALIF.  I spent a year in Fez on a Boren scholarship a couple of years ago.

I don't understand how countries that have only 5-20 applications take forever with deciding on their selections.  Harvard receives over 30,000 applications per year and gets decisions out in about 3 months.

Getting so frustrated here with each day that passes since my school is getting frustrated with me that I haven't made a final decision with my future plans.   :angry:  :wacko:  -_-

I don't understand how countries that have only 5-20 applications take forever with deciding on their selections.  Harvard receives over 30,000 applications per year and gets decisions out in about 3 months.

Getting so frustrated here with each day that passes since my school is getting frustrated with me that I haven't made a final decision with my future plans.   :angry:  :wacko:  -_-

Thus my motto: My life changing event is just someone's paper work. ;)