Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Thanks to everyone for hanging out today and offering mutual support.  I second the feelings of anxiety and depression, trouble sleeping, etc., and I appreciate others' willingness to corroborate these feelings.

Bad news for China applicants still waiting: just got a CET email suggesting we likely won't hear before May 1. Not that that's so far away anymore, but I was still hoping to hear early this week. 

Awww thanks so much! I just feel like I won't be bumped up since it's such a small country with only two spots :( But we will see! 

I just feel so bad for everyone that had to wait with me cheered me on etc.  and for everyone that wrote my rec letters :(

I'm really sorry to hear this :(. Hang in there. If you don't get bumped up, you can try again next year!

Bad news for China applicants still waiting: just got a CET email suggesting we likely won't hear before May 1. Not that that's so far away anymore, but I was still hoping to hear early this week.

Could you say a little more? Who emailed you? Any indication as to why? Hmm. I wonder if the formal award is dependent on the language stuff. I am hoping to hear earlier than later as well.

Edited by daisusaikoro

C'mon Chinaaa. It could still be this Friday!

Did you apply for the summer or fall term of CET? I applied to fall, but I feel like for those in summer term, if it gets much later, there won't be adequate time to process the visas.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Accepted ETA to Azerbaijan! I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this board. I know I didn't vocally participate, but I checked it very often, and your friendly chatter and also nervous banter kept me a little more sane during this process. I wish the best to all of you, congrats to all those who receive/d grants, and good luck to everyone!  :)

Everytime my phone buzzes, or I see I got another email, my heart skips a beat.  If this keeps up, I'm going to end up dead before tomorrow.

Oh man - I couldn't have that on my phone for that very reason and today was especially frustrating for some reason. I do a good enough job giving myself a heart attack on my own - I don't need help from my phone !! :-)