Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

KYRGZYSTAN YOU'RE KILLIN MEEEEE

Come on Kyrgyzstan you Switzerland of Inner Asia you. Stop killing your applicants ;-)

Maybe the Chinese and the Kyrgyz are scheming together again, just as they did against the Gokturks long ago. This definitely sux

So Caribbean/CA people: we're rapidly approaching last year's notification date! Who thinks it's going to be next week? I'm going to guess it won't be, given all of the other hold ups in other regions. I fact, I think we might even be later than May 9th... That's just me pontificating with no reasonable information to back this up. Other bets?

Maybe they want us all so badly that they're running a donation drive in each individual country to finance our research / ETA tenures... No? Maybe?

So Caribbean/CA people: we're rapidly approaching last year's notification date! Who thinks it's going to be next week? I'm going to guess it won't be, given all of the other hold ups in other regions. I fact, I think we might even be later than May 9th... That's just me pontificating with no reasonable information to back this up. Other bets?

Maybe they want us all so badly that they're running a donation drive in each individual country to finance our research / ETA tenures... No? Maybe?

Haha, my bet's on even later than May 9th. Not that I have any particular reason either.

Haha, I can see them all out in their bathing suits holding a car wash and bake sale just for us. 

I just remembered the skit from Tim and Eric for the product called "Wait Mate" which is basically just a sleeping pill, you're supposed to take one for every day you want to sleep so that your wait goes by faster. but of course people OD on it like crazy

Haha, my bet's on even later than May 9th. Not that I have any particular reason either.

I agree. But my bet is based on sound glass-half-empty reasoning.  I say May 17 with the hope that I am very wrong.

I feel for you guys, I really do :( I feel like I check this board now almost as fervently as when I was waiting...

I know many people have bailed from the board after they find out, but that's like leaving before the end of the movie. There are credits and you know there is a bonus scene coming up; just hang on!

I appreciate you guys who are still with us. :) Hopefully we will have some good news soon. *the Magic 8 Ball said probably. "Way to be vague Magical 8 ball."

I was really hoping that there would be a flood of notifications today. :/

Same here. We are within days of when China is traditionally announced. Boo.

Edited by daisusaikoro

I really have no idea... But it definitely helps to know that there's other people waiting with me :) Go us!

I agree. But my bet is based on sound glass-half-empty reasoning.  I say May 17 with the hope that I am very wrong.

Ugh, don't say it!!! But you are probably right. I'm convinced that I will be selected as an alternate and then the waiting will just be prolonged even further. 

Ugh, don't say it!!! But you are probably right. I'm convinced that I will be selected as an alternate and then the waiting will just be prolonged even further. 

I really have no idea... But it definitely helps to know that there's other people waiting with me :) Go us!

Go us! I keep thinking how brutal this must be for seniors trying to make life decisions. I am working full time so if I dont get it, i at least dont need to start panicking. What are graduating seniors thinking right now? Do you guys have backup plans?

Germany full granter, still lurking here in solidarity with you guys. 

Those of you with ETA's - do you guys have EUR 100/mo for "incidentals" mentioned in your notification? I just noticed that today on my letter...

Those of you with ETA's - do you guys have EUR 100/mo for "incidentals" mentioned in your notification? I just noticed that today on my letter...

Your presence is appreciated! Hopefully, our weary souls will be free soon. :)

*It's 4:35CST I think we can call it for the week. Let the weekend begin!

Edited by CrystalDee

saaay waaaah? Did you finally get the snail mail that they have been claiming we would receive this week? I haven't been home yet, so I may well have. I had almost forgot about that, but I had been wondering if they would meet their deadline.

*It's 4:35CST I think we can call it for the week. Let the weekend begin!

AMEN. Weekend!  TGIF

and since I have China on the brain I feel like sharing: once on Friday at the end of the day I asked my Chinese teacher how to say "thank God it's Friday." She just looked at me blankly for a few seconds then said perfectly flatly, "there's no god in China."

happy weekend everyone, enjoy. supposed to get up to around 70 here, woot woot

AMEN. Weekend!  TGIF

and since I have China on the brain I feel like sharing: once on Friday at the end of the day I asked my Chinese teacher how to say "thank God it's Friday." She just looked at me blankly for a few seconds then said perfectly flatly, "there's no god in China."

happy weekend everyone, enjoy. supposed to get up to around 70 here, woot woot

LMAO. love it.