Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I thought for some strange reason you found out a couple of weeks ago.

I would have hoped so. It's the latest they've ever replied.. And like they were saying above me, they only ever have two ETAs and two full grants... That's only 8-10 apps to look at, max.

Sequester, I blame you.

I'm de-lurking to say what up fellow Morocco people! There's a lot of us now... I guess we were all hoping to hear last week.

Also, thanks to everyone on this forum for making me feel like less of a crazy person : ) I haven't commented until now, but its nice knowing other people are stressing over this too!

Morocco! Are you guys ETA or research applicants? I applied for ETA, hoping to study an Amazigh dialect and politics too though insha'allah :)

Morocco! Are you guys ETA or research applicants? I applied for ETA, hoping to study an Amazigh dialect and politics too though insha'allah :)

whoa, that rules. I just heard a really interesting lecture about the first Amazigh-language tv channel opening up in Libya along with the politics of adapting it to modern tech uses. That there's some interesting stuff.

There's time to watch one Doctor Who episode before the close of business today. I recommend "Blink," as that episode is fantastic.

Meh. I never understood what the big deal was about that episode. It's ok but not great.

I love the second episode David Tennant is in (oh god, love The Lion King quote, I laughed so hard) and The Man in the Fireplace( I think that's what it's called). Also the Van Gogh one. You know which one I mean.

I'm a research applicant studying the visual representation of women in Moroccan film.  I'm also hoping to study darija and tamazight while I'm there.  I know that ALIF in Fes has a semester-long language program in both if you get the CLEA.

Good news guys: we can start our apps for next year tomorrow! Who knows, maybe we'll hear back about next year first ;)

This makes me laugh and cry at the same time...

Wait a minute... No... NO!! we're ALL getting Fulbrights THIS time and this is our last application season!!

Uhm. I can't link it because I'm at work and Youtube is blocked, but search for "Guy on a buffalo" Hilarious.

Edit: OH GOD. THIS IS MY 666TH POST.

Uh-oh  (666) . Man, I remember those days when the internet was censored at school.  Although, I suppose it could be beneficial if I am trying to get my work done, because I am forever getting distracted. 

Uh-oh  (666) . Man, I remember those days when the internet was censored at school.  Although, I suppose it could be beneficial if I am trying to get my work done, because I am forever getting distracted. 

It's really only "social media sites" like FB, Twitter, and Youtube. Thankfully Reddit and random forums aren't blocked :D

I just went back and read my email notification from January. It says that some countries may not receive final notification until THE END OF JUNE!! Why was I thinking May 15th? Why why why!? I seriously thought it was going to be any day now... Sad...

I just went back and read my email notification from January. It says that some countries may not receive final notification until THE END OF JUNE!! Why was I thinking May 15th? Why why why!? I seriously thought it was going to be any day now... Sad...

haha wait whaaat?!?!

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/information-for-recommended-candidates

"Will it take until June to be notified of your status? 

Some countries will make their decisions as early as February, others take longer. It is anticipated that all principal candidates will receive notification no later than May 15th."

Seriously?! When do most grants start?? I have to be in Germany by Sept 3...

I'm pretty sure it differs by country. Dominican Republic full recipients can start anytime between August 2013 and March 31st.

Haha and now that I look at this incredibly flexible time frame, it's slowly dawning on me that I'm probably in the "end if June" group...

http://us.fulbrightonline.org/information-for-recommended-candidates

"Will it take until June to be notified of your status?

Some countries will make their decisions as early as February, others take longer. It is anticipated that all principal candidates will receive notification no later than May 15th."

I hope so!! Maybe the June thing is a "just in case" scenario they put in the emails... Or maybe it's just special for me :-)

I was told that Turkey was always last and they didn't call until the end of May. I have been trying to work out if the sequester will add days to last year's date. So much for getting to let my Estonian friends know at the conference this weekend whether or not I would be hanging out with them in the fall. Lol!! Silly me!! :blink: