Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I was resisting checking this forum all day.  And now I see we have a flood from Turkey, China, and Latvia!  Congrats, everyone!!!

I got alternate guys. I need to cry for a while.

Oh no!  Obviously they are so incredibly stupid.  I still have hope that you will get bumped up though.  You deserve it!

nooooooo!!!! don't lose all hope yet!  You've seen all the people who have been bumped up to a full grant! It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings, and I ain't singin' yet!!! :)

Oh no!  Obviously they are so incredibly stupid.  I still have hope that you will get bumped up though.  You deserve it!

This what I was going to say.  I am sorry! *Hugs* There is always a chance, I am pulling for you! 

Mannnnnnnn. Alternate for China. Guess it's time I cut my hair and get a job anyway... Anyone know how the alternate process works? China has a massive cohort so some alternates have to get bumped. Any idea how many there are? Also, they said they get additional funding in "late spring." (I checked, apparently spring lasts until June 20). Any idea what that's all about?

Mannnnnnnn. Alternate for China. Guess it's time I cut my hair and get a job anyway... Anyone know how the alternate process works? China has a massive cohort so some alternates have to get bumped. Any idea how many there are? Also, they said they get additional funding in "late spring." (I checked, apparently spring lasts until June 20). Any idea what that's all about?

I am SURE several alternates will get bumped.  We've watched so many get bumped just on this board alone.  I am holding out hope for you!

I am SURE several alternates will get bumped.  We've watched so many get bumped just on this board alone.  I am holding out hope for you!

I am really sorry to hear that, but I agree, there will have to be some alts that get bumped up. Hang in there, you never know!!

well shit (and yes, that's said in my most pronounced southern accent)!

WHAT??? HOW?!!?!  :(  I'm so sorry!  But there is hope still!  Don't give up just yet.  I think I'm more upset about you not getting it than if I don't get it.

Hang in there.  

Please don't cry.

The one thing I've noticed is your passion and drive. The journey may be a bit longer for you but I have a real hard time imagining how you won't end up with a spot or at the least something super amazingggg will come along. 

Please don't cry.

The one thing I've noticed is your passion and drive. The journey may be a bit longer for you but I have a real hard time imagining how you won't end up with a spot or at the least something super amazingggg will come along.

Thank you! This was sort of my one shot. I'm kinda old, so I think that works against me. It will be okay.

I have got to stop crying. There are a half a dozen Estonians waiting to see me tonight.

Thank you! This was sort of my one shot. I'm kinda old, so I think that works against me. It will be okay.

I have got to stop crying. There are a half a dozen Estonians waiting to see me tonight.

I still think you could get bumped up!

And don't count your age against you.  You can do amazing things at any time of your life.  If Fulbright is going to be agist, then they are really missing out on some incredible people.  Have a good cry and then pick yourself up and keep working hard!