Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Hi all!

Been a lurker for some time, yet haven't wanted to sign up for fear of being rejected... but.... just got accepted for a Turkey ETA Fulbright yesterday! Been such a surreal experience. I already have much international experience, yet this is definitely something special and unique.

Congrats! And welcome to out little community :-)

Just got off the phone w/ Jermaine about Morocco...he says he hopes to get the notifications out today. Aaaagh. My head is exploding. He confirmed that orientation starts on June 28 for ETAs in this region and then continues through the 31st...

Just got off the phone w/ Jermaine about Morocco...he says he hopes to get the notifications out today. Aaaagh. My head is exploding. He confirmed that orientation starts on June 28 for ETAs in this region and then continues through the 31st...

lump in throat.  AHHHHH

Oh my God, I'm so excited for the Morocco people! I really hope you all find out today.  Best wishes!

Oh please let this be true. C'mon Jermaine, don't let us down!

Also why the head exploding? Isn't this relatively good news...?

WHAAAA?? Orientation starts JUNE 28TH and they still haven't made announcements/!?

Hi all!

Been a lurker for some time, yet haven't wanted to sign up for fear of being rejected... but.... just got accepted for a Turkey ETA Fulbright yesterday! Been such a surreal experience. I already have much international experience, yet this is definitely something special and unique.

WOOOHOO!!! Congrats!!!

Oh please let this be true. C'mon Jermaine, don't let us down!

Also why the head exploding? Isn't this relatively good news...?

Stress! My eyes are burning a hole through my inbox, lol.

WHAAAA?? Orientation starts JUNE 28TH and they still haven't made announcements/!?

Sort of like how Germany is playing the "We're not going to tell you where you're being placed until we feel like it" game while at the same time telling us to book flights by the end of this Month :P

For just Morocco?  Or all of Middle East/North Africa?

Sorry I have been in meetings with the Estonians all day. I just got a chance to catch up. I hope we get some news today. *hugs* for the alternates.

Mo-roc-co, Mo-roc-co!

arghhhh :'''''''' NS for armenia.

Ouch. It hurts.

Gosh, this has been a rough couple of days.  I'm so sorry to hear the news.  They are obviously missing out.

First of all, I just want to say thank you for all the advice regarding my question! I would not want them digging through my personal medical history, especially if I don't think it would be relevant.  

Sort of like how Germany is playing the "We're not going to tell you where you're being placed until we feel like it" game while at the same time telling us to book flights by the end of this Month :P

Yeah, how is that supposed to work? How can you be expected to purchase tickets when you are not sure of the location in which you are going to be placed.

arghhhh :'''''''' NS for armenia.

Ouch. It hurts.

Aw, that really is too bad.  I am sorry. *internet hugs* The last couple of days have rough. :/

Come on, Morocco! 

First of all, I just want to say thank you for all the advice regarding my question! I would not want them digging through my personal medical history, especially if I don't think it would be relevant.  

Yeah, how is that supposed to work? How can you be expected to purchase tickets when you are not sure of the location in which you are going to be placed.

Aw, that really is too bad.  I am sorry. *internet hugs* The last couple of days have rough. :/

Come on, Morocco! 

The thing is, I think they are assuming that most of us will be flying into Frankfurt, which I think is the best airport to fly into to get to Koeln, which is where our orientation is. That is they way it sounded from our paperwork we just got. I'm trying to decide how earlier I will go. I know people I could stay with, or I  might go visit some family in Croatia. I'm not to keen on lugging around a years worth of luggage though...

I would have hoped my news would have been cancelled out by lots of acceptances. :[

Here's hoping they get those out nice and early Monday morning.

I received an email saying I was awarded the Morocco ETA! I'm heading out the door, but it feels unreal. For those out there who didn't make it, please know that I applied for a Fulbright to another country two years ago...I learned a lot from the process and I made myself a stronger candidate as a result. Don't give up! Eventually your work will pay off in one way or another.