Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Congrats and condolences. Everyone is 'shaking' as a result of their good or bad news... I am imagining dozens of people around the country just shaking and convulsing at their computers right now in Fulbright induced seizures

Haha yes - Fulbright induced seizures, indeed! I was seriously alarmed at how much my hands were shaking as I refreshed my email over and over (and over and over) waiting for my notification.

I got it!!!!! Full grant to Barbados!!!!!! I can't feel my legs!!!!

Congratulations!! I just got a full grant to Barbados too, so exciting :)  We should talk! 

To everyone on here - I discovered this a few weeks ago and have been loving all of the support and encouragement. Thanks for being such a lovely community, wishing you all great adventures ahead and fingers crossed for alternates and folks applying again. 

I am a looooong time lurker and posting for the first time. I got an ETA for Venezuela!

I got one too! I thought I was the only venezuela person on this forum, haha. Congrats!

Wow, so glad to see Fulbright is making its way right along.  Congrats to those selected!  Yay for shaky banana hands!

Condolences to those not selected and alternates--you will find your way.  Don't give up :)

And for you poor poor folks who are still waiting...we are all pulling for you!

Still haven't heard back from Latvia, the suspense is killing me! I have other job offers in the states that I need to get back to asap if I don't get the ETA, they're being generous in letting me wait until I hear back but I'm worried that this is trying their patience. Hopefully I will hear later today!

Okay, awesome. I mean, not awesome that we haven't heard, but I'm glad I'm not the only ETA applicant waiting to hear!! Pleaaaase post the second you hear- my campus Fulbright advisor had no clue what was happening, so I think all we can do is sit and wait. :(

Soo I removed my name from the alternate list. A weight has been lifted! Once again I feel that my destiny is in mine own hands! Here's to a postdoc abroad ;)

It's been great having you here on the board. You always made me a smile. We still quote "this is Norway".

Congratulations!! I just got a full grant to Barbados too, so exciting :)  We should talk! 

To everyone on here - I discovered this a few weeks ago and have been loving all of the support and encouragement. Thanks for being such a lovely community, wishing you all great adventures ahead and fingers crossed for alternates and folks applying again. 

Oh, I'm so glad to hear from another Barbados applicant! Congratulations!!! Yes, we should definitely talk, I'm going to PM you.

Anyone who got and ETA to Russia get any new news? It's great knowing I got it, but I'm so tired of waiting. Fulbright hurry it up!!! I want to buy my tickets!!!

Okay, awesome. I mean, not awesome that we haven't heard, but I'm glad I'm not the only ETA applicant waiting to hear!! Pleaaaase post the second you hear- my campus Fulbright advisor had no clue what was happening, so I think all we can do is sit and wait. :(

I absolutely will! It's just getting downright disrespectful at this point, I can't keep putting all of my life plans on pause forever! I can understand that they have other important things to do than worry about us, but this is getting beyond ridiculous! How can it take this long to pick two people? I'm getting to the point pretty soon where I'm going to have to decline it even if I get it because I need to make other plans for next year :(

I absolutely will! It's just getting downright disrespectful at this point, I can't keep putting all of my life plans on pause forever! I can understand that they have other important things to do than worry about us, but this is getting beyond ridiculous! How can it take this long to pick two people? I'm getting to the point pretty soon where I'm going to have to decline it even if I get it because I need to make other plans for next year :(
Yeah, I've already had to turn down two other offers because of this waiting game... If we don't hear by Friday I think I might have to give up :( AUGH. But now that I've heard from you I at least know that there are three of us confirmed in the final with maaaybe one more-- why does it take so long to decide TWO SPOTS?!? Keeping my fingers crossed for news!!