Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I tried, but in order to actually "create" the group, I needed to invite a friend.  If someone else knows how, please feel free. :)

well shoot, invite me!  facebook.com/lydiajwilson

For those of you who have received Fulbright grants, can the medical evaluation form be already completed and mailed before getting the grant terms and conditions?  Also, flights shouldn't be booked yet either until those terms and conditions are signed?  Just wondering since round trip airfare is included within my travel allowance, and those funds could take a while to actually be deposited in an account.

Edited by ultimatefrisbee

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to congratulate all who received an award and extend my support and encouragement to anybody who did not. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while - its exam time here!

I wish you all the best of luck!

My Caribbean folks, will this be our week? I wish everyone the best and hope that those finals aren't being too hard on you :)

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be! But most importantly, I'm crossing my fingers that it will be good news for all of us! Wouldn't that be amazing? I think yes.

@ryanm I'm in the same boat. Never posted before but just got accepted for a Turkey ETA! Congrats! Do you know of other Turkey ETAs at all?

Congrats to you as well! Looking forward to meeting in Ankara!

I don't know of any others myself (in fact, I'm the first from my college to ever get a Fulbright). I'm wondering if we should start a facebook group or something just for us Turkey grantees if there isn't one already.

My Caribbean folks, will this be our week? I wish everyone the best and hope that those finals aren't being too hard on you :)

It's time already! I'm making friendly bets with my roommates on whether I'll hear back this week or not. If we hear back, I'll be thrilled (hopefully), but if we don't, at least I'll get a margarita as compensation after my last final next Tuesday... win-win situation!

Wow, I seriously can't believe how few notifications remain! I saw my family this weekend, and everyone was asking about it! I really hope I get it. Please, Switzerland, please. I know I will do great things for you!  :wub: I'm in love with you Switzerland. Just give me a chance. 

Is it unusual for them to not notify everyone at once? I was a recommended candidate for Estonia, and see that there have been grants given and alternates notified. Worried that they notify rejections later and this is why I haven't heard.

Congratulations to everyone who has received grants and encouragement to those who did not.  I am a little late to this party - I was reccommended for a multi-country grant to Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, however I have yet to hear anything.  Do the multi-country decisions usually take longer?

Is it unusual for them to not notify everyone at once? I was a recommended candidate for Estonia, and see that there have been grants given and alternates notified. Worried that they notify rejections later and this is why I haven't heard.

Tere hommikust, eesti! I wish I could help you. The email I received said that primary candidates were receiving notification when alternates (like me) were notified. Check your spam emails. We have heard of those emails going to spam. Good luck!

Alternate... :(

I'm so sorry!!!!!  Your picture alone should have made you a primary candidate.  But just move forward with your plans, and hopefully a spot will open up for you!

Honestly quite shocked. I told Panama to hurry up and respond, and got the email less than five minutes later. Had I known that, I would have done that months ago! lol. At least the real waiting is over... I won't be too stressed about alternate, as I'll make other plans.

PS: The picture is from a Beauty and the Geek party. I didn't have to dress up ;)

Tere hommikust, eesti! I wish I could help you. The email I received said that primary candidates were receiving notification when alternates (like me) were notified. Check your spam emails. We have heard of those emails going to spam. Good luck!
Tere! I checked my spam as soon as I saw people were being notified, but nothing. I applied through my school with an advisor, so she would also be notified by any update in my application status. I checked with her this a.m. and she's still in the dark but will call to make sure I'm not still waiting when I shouldn't be.