Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Tere! I checked my spam as soon as I saw people were being notified, but nothing. I applied through my school with an advisor, so she would also be notified by any update in my application status. I checked with her this a.m. and she's still in the dark but will call to make sure I'm not still waiting when I shouldn't be.

That is so weird! My advisor was copied on the same email I received, and he emailed me within the hour to console/encourage me. So, you are correct that she will know when you know. Maybe this is a good sign, I hope so.  :)  Estonia is truly where my heart is, it gets into your skin and you can't shake it. I am going back in a few weeks continuing my missionary work. I will go down to Tartu and visit my cohorts at the University as well.

I am sending you good vibes for a positive response!

Thanks! One door closes, so another must open... My joy is found in the Lord, not Fulbright... praise Jesus for that! :)

Yes, I am resting on the knowledge that He knows more than I do. My call is to Estonia, so I will be there in His time. Jumal on hea! (God is good!) Thanks for the follow on Twitter. Continued blessings to you!

congrats to everyone who just found out good news!  That was quite a way to start a new week!  And I'm so sorry for everyone who didn't get the news they wanted to hear, I feel like reading all of these results always sends me on a roller coaster of emotions, I really feel for every one I read...

Congrats to everyone who got good news this morning!  Sounds like there was a flood today already.

Big {{{{{hugs!!!}}}}} to the alternates and NS's.  I know something better will come along for you!

Well that wasn't a long wait. Full grant to Costa Rica!!!

Congrats!!! Where will you be in Costa Rica? There's a chance I might teach English there starting in August with Language Corps...

I'm so sorry!!!!!  Your picture alone should have made you a primary candidate.  But just move forward with your plans, and hopefully a spot will open up for you!

Thanks! I'm not worried; answers will come soon enough I'm sure :)

Wow! Awesome day! A big hearty congrats to those of you who got the good news.

I'm sending big hugs and positive vibes to all those who weren't selected or put as alternates.
For the not selected, reapply!!! This was my second go; I didn't even make it through the first round the first time. The second time around is so much easier. The FPA on my campus applied for a full grant SEVEN TIMES before he received one.. so.. perisistance alone can surely pay off!!

To the alts, hang in there, we have already seen quite a few applicants get bumped up from alternate status, so it really does happen! I know a longer wait was not what you were hoping for, but good things can still happen. And if it doesn't happen this time, reapply!!!

Happy for everyone that's been selected. This is going to be an amazing journey for you!

To alternates and those not selected...2014-2015 is now open! ;)

Still haven't heard back from Latvia, the suspense is killing me! I have other job offers in the states that I need to get back to asap if I don't get the ETA, they're being generous in letting me wait until I hear back but I'm worried that this is trying their patience. Hopefully I will hear later today!

Full grant to the Dominican Republic! Anyone else? There no orientation for us, it looks like, will we get a chance to meet each other?

I'm a DR full applicant - I have no email!! why??????

I am wondering if those who have received no response are having the same issue that the applicants to Norway did. It took a few days for all of them to be notified. Don't worry friends! I know (really I do) the waiting is tough.

Congratulations to all those who heard good news this morning! What a way to start the week.

Hugs to those who received alternates or were not selected.  Don't give up hope! Reapply for next year.  

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats!!! Where will you be in Costa Rica? There's a chance I might teach English there starting in August with Language Corps...

Thanks man. I'll be in San José the whole time--I study history, so my work will be mostly at the National Archives and the Universidad de Costa Rica.

Oh, and I hope they don't keep you waiting to long to find out about your status!

I am wondering if those who have received no response are having the same issue that the applicants to Norway did. It took a few days for all of them to be notified. Don't worry friends! I know (really I do) the waiting is tough.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe more applicants are getting Norway'd.

Edited by nfnsprite

Full grant to the Dominican Republic! Anyone else? There no orientation for us, it looks like, will we get a chance to meet each other?

Awesome!! Where will you be? I'm in Puerto Plata!