Am Studies/Cultural Studies/Theory 2013

Welcome spatel918! For those of us still waiting to hear from Minnesota, when did you hear about it and has your status changed on the site? Thanks in advance for indulging those of us waiting not so patiently. ;)

i heard last friday (feb 18 via email). My status on the website says "Awaiting Final Decision" .. but I think we shouldn't expect any word until end of Feb.

No info on NYU or Buffalo, sorry.

In Minnesota news, my status changed from "Final review" to "Decision made," so I should have a decision by end of day tomorrow. I'm not exactly optimistic because I haven't encountered anyone who has received good news straight from the Minnesota website. I promise this isn't a *pity* party, just an observation for the other Minnesota applicants on the thread.

Edited by arhodg

I was also waitlisted at U Minn AMST and that I'm "quite high on the waiting list". Don't know what that means, but sounds like great news. 

I received this exact same email from Minnesota on Friday the 18th. It sounds like more than a few of us are "quite high on the waiting list" with a "distinct possibility" of getting accepted. Hmm..

I'm applying to Minnesota, Indiana, NYU, Yale, GWU, Washington, Maryland, and New Mexico, by the way.

good luck everyone-might I recommend putting fun. 's "Some Nights" on  repeat? it got me through studying for the GRE.

I'm feeling like it might be a good time to break out the karaoke in order to keep ourselves from going (more) insane than some of us already are: I give you this glorious 1980s classic as my attempt to make everyone smile; please enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdj9NRzqC4

On the American Studies FAQ page for NYU they say admissions won't be disclosed via phone or e-mail.  I know the results search says otherwise, thought.  I wonder if this is a new thing?

Really, strange! So snail mail?? Wow... getting on board with Harvard. Taking it back..

my Minnesota app finally changed to "final review" this morning, so I guess I'll know by the end of the week...confidence is not particularly high at this point but I'm hanging on to "we built this city" to keep the dream alive :lol:

just remember we all have an (extremely) long month of waiting ahead of this-the grass will be greener on the other side right??

also, I attempted to find a video of Boston's "Peace of Mind" to no avail...but I think it's rather fitting for all of us at this moment

Edited by phigirl

Well, the U of MN rejection letter was nice and short and I didn't have to wait forever for it <_<

Too bad, really, since I really liked the program, like attending the U of MN for my MLS program, and we own a house close to the forthcoming Light Rail down University Avenue...

The best guess I can come up with is, given such a historically small applicant pool and so few admits, chances are the 10 or so people who got offers just don't post to GC.

Good point. Oh well, guess I'll just sit back and wait for the rejection. At least it seems earlier this year.

Hi! I posted the NYU interview. I basically received an email around 5pm (1/29) that said: "The admissions committee has reviewed your application and would like to invite you to a 20-minute Skype interview." "Congratulations" "Thank you for your app" etc. Now that I'm looking at it closer it doesn't say who I will be interviewing with just the "admissions committee" and I received the email from Raechel Bosh who's a grad prog. asst. There are two different time slots for 2 hours each that I have to choose from, not sure if that makes up the bulk of people they would be interviewing or if they have different times for different folks outside of what they listed for me.

I'll be emailing a prof. or two of mine just to get some interview tips since I've never gone through this process before, but hoping for the best since I only applied to such a small handful of schools.

Hope that helps and best of luck everyone!