Am Studies/Cultural Studies/Theory 2013

I got into the University of Wyoming!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!

March 15...probably only for rejections. Harvard has historically sent out acceptance letters around Feb 23rd. I sorta want to ask...but I'm too nervous!!  :wacko:  I'm pretty sure theyve made decisions already...at least short lists. What March 15 deadline are you talking about? The April 15 deadline? I'm not aware of any deadline they have over there at Am Civ. in March. Share info please...

had shared previously, but I talked with GSAS a while ago because of needing to update an email addy. They said that there were no guarantees on when notifications were going out but that as a school every letter leaves the dept. by March 15. Seems everywhere this year I've applied to is notifying later than they historically have. I think March 1 is the earliest we'll hear personally, but only time will tell. I'm just not getting myself worked up over anything until then because it doesn't seem worth it.

someone just posted a gwu waitlist...which means it's probably over... 

My application still says it's under review. Then again, they didn't email me that it had been forwarded to the department until 1/28, so I'm kind of confused as to what's going on. 

Also, anyone is anyone who has been accepted to U Texas interested in turning down their spot?  ;)

I got into the University of Wyoming!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, it looks like MCM at Brown is notifying, but not American Studies. What's up with that?

Edited by Pericles II.ii.48

My application still says it's under review. Then again, they didn't email me that it had been forwarded to the department until 1/28, so I'm kind of confused as to what's going on. 

Also, anyone is anyone who has been accepted to U Texas interested in turning down their spot?  ;)

yeah mine still says that too but...

congrats!

had shared previously, but I talked with GSAS a while ago because of needing to update an email addy. They said that there were no guarantees on when notifications were going out but that as a school every letter leaves the dept. by March 15. Seems everywhere this year I've applied to is notifying later than they historically have. I think March 1 is the earliest we'll hear personally, but only time will tell. I'm just not getting myself worked up over anything until then because it doesn't seem worth it.

I dropped by the dept in Dec and talked to the dept coordinator and he assured me decisions would be made by the end of Feb. Usually GSAS gives out dates of the last days that letters go out for all applicants (meaning reections) so that they dont have 200+ applicants asking about their status when acceptances go out. Im hoping to hear by the end of the week. If I dont, I might swing by the dept on Fri and see whats up. Ill def keep everyone posted since I know a lot of us applied. Best of luck to all!!!!!!!!! <3 Cheers to wrapping up our 2013 app cycle in about 2 weeks. It's been great going through this process with everyone. Congrats on all the acceptances and all the wonderful choices you all have in front of you. You all will be wonderful colleagues.

Has anyone heard anything from University of Southern California's American Studies and Ethnicity Department? In the past few years, they have notified individuals extremely early--late January and early February. In addition, they break down their application process into two categories: early applications with preferential consideration and regular applications. Have they notified individuals from either of these groups? It's been awfully quiet...

I have yet to hear anything about USC. I was also curious if anyone had applied to the Cultural Studies program at UC Davis. Based on last year's timeline, it looks as though people should have heard (something) by this point... 

I heard that Davis actually won't be notifying until early March this year for some reason. Someone called and talked to Aklil Bekele, the grad program coordinator.

Edited by Cactus Ed

Regarding NYU (American Studies), Raechel Bosch wrote: "Admission decisions will be sent via email."
When did she say that? Does that mean more acceptances are going to be sent out or just rejection notices?

When did she say that? Does that mean more acceptances are going to be sent out or just rejection notices?

She emailed me about two hours ago in response to a contact info update. I guess we can make what we will of the implications. I imagine that if they were calling accepted applicants, then the emailed notifications are probably rejections.

Just got my first Waitlist letter! Penn State sent a nice letter from Simon Bronner dated Feb 12 and posted it alrady to the results forum. My first name is unisex and they called me Mr., but I'll still accept a funded offer from them if I get bumped to accepted.

I see a person or two on the forums got accepted by Penn State. Please let them know if you are accepting/rejecting the offer soon (:

Yahoo!

I heard that Davis actually won't be notifying until early March this year for some reason. Someone called and talked to Aklil Bekele, the grad program coordinator.

Thanks for this info...Davis is my 'dream' programme...good luck all!

Just got my first Waitlist letter! Penn State sent a nice letter from Simon Bronner dated Feb 12 and posted it alrady to the results forum. My first name is unisex and they called me Mr., but I'll still accept a funded offer from them if I get bumped to accepted.

I see a person or two on the forums got accepted by Penn State. Please let them know if you are accepting/rejecting the offer soon (:

Yahoo!

I have the same problem with constantly being called Mister. Haha. :fistbump:

I have the same problem with constantly being called Mister. Haha. :fistbump:

:fistbump: Ohhhhh, yeah, it's totally amusing. With how many of us there are, you'd think that gender assignments in salutations would be less frequently used for unisex-type names to avoid mistaking a (male) Stacy for a woman and a (female) Taylor for a man.

I am the GW acceptance, I got the email Saturday morning and was very surprised to find out so early. I have no clue whether they sent all acceptances out, or whether they are going to do so sporadically.

are you planning on attending GWU?

Congrats, kglad, here's to more good news coming your way!

congrats kglad!

Thanks, notaprettygrrrl and phigirl! Here's hoping good news is coming. Hope the rest of the universities get some responses out soon.

and congrats, sidewalks and phigirl on your acceptance notices from GWU and SUNY Buffalo, respectively! Getting an acceptance is great news!