Applying Fall 2013? Where?

EdNerd2013

I've got a question for anyone going to these Master's program Preview Day/Visitation Day events... are they expecting attendees to be dressed nicely -- i.e. business professional? Super silly question, I know, and I'm not sure if this question is already addressed elsewhere. But I had to ask since I have one coming up quite soon. I would appreciate any input  :)
Two of my invites said Business/Professional. I would check with each school just to make sure.

Guest HEPhD13

Thanks! No word yet on funding but I did receive an email from the financial aid office saying they received my FAFSA app and will process it once I am admitted--that was a week or so ago. I checked the financial aid tab after checking my admissions status and it also said processing but that I would know something in two weeks. 

Hopefully its great news-- sent you a message. 

Just wanted to update anyone who applied to the "College and University Student Personnel Administration (CUSPA) Master's Concentration in the Program in Higher Education Leadership (PHEL) program at UT Austin"...I received an email from the Program director this morning notifying all applicants that applications are currently under review and we will be notified by early March or decisions. Preview Day will be March 22nd, but for those who decide to attend they will NOT be able to help with transportation or stay. Also, interviews for assistantships can be done via Skype or phone.

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies! I was indeed talking about Peabody's preview day. I received a late admit because of an application oversight and therefore had zero information on the preview day other than what date & time it's at... glad I thought to ask the silly question and didn't show up in jeans  :)

Got my first acceptance yesterday to UNC Chapel Hill! The interview was only via phone and I've never been to Chapel Hill, so sounds like I'll have to plan a visit pretty soon!

New to the site but sending congrats anyway EdNerd... I am still waiting to hear back from UNC Chapel Hill (school psyc). I called them today and was told notifications hadn't gone out yet.  The acting program coordinator told me descisions would be made in the next two weeks. 

I already posted this on a preexisting Vanderbilt Peabody thread on the "Waiting it Out" forum, but -- did anyone attend Master's Visitation Day and have any experiences to share? I wasn't able to attend and would like to hear about it, if possible.

Just got accepted to BU's policy, planning and administration masters in higher education via postal mail.  I did not get funding which will hopefully make decisions easier since this was not one of my top schools.  I got into Penn on Wednesday with some funding. 

I was about to ask the same question, HigherEd2013. I applied to their EdD program, but submitted my application on 10/17, and I had it marked as completed (by them) on 12/12/12. It has been longer than eight weeks for me!

Edited by sshopeful

It was marked complete on 1/22.  I live in Cambridge so am guessing people who live further afield will start getting their letters on Monday.

I rushed home yesterday because I live in Cambridge too. I hope there's some news for me tomorrow! 

It was marked complete on 1/22.  I live in Cambridge so am guessing people who live further afield will start getting their letters on Monday.

Thanks for the info. And congrats on the acceptance!!! :)

I rushed home yesterday because I live in Cambridge too. I hope there's some news for me tomorrow! 

Good luck sshopeful! I know BU is one of your top choices. Crossing my fingers for you!!!

I'm guessing our timelines are different since I'm applying for a Masters. Have you heard anything about BC? I applied there as well and haven't heard anything except that a first round may have been admitted already and they wait a bit for another round. Good luck today!

I'm guessing our timelines are different since I'm applying for a Masters. Have you heard anything about BC? I applied there as well and haven't heard anything except that a first round may have been admitted already and they wait a bit for another round. Good luck today!

I have heard nothing from BC. I saw (on the results section) that someone was admitted last week to the PhD program. I'm biting my nails hoping for the best, but expecting the worst at this point. 

Admissions told me it would take 8 weeks for my application to be reviewed, but they have taken a lot longer than that. I applied for Fellowship funding, which delays when notifications are sent out. Here's to hoping they haven't informed me because they're trying to fund me and not because they're trying to send out a wave of rejections! 

Edited by sshopeful

I also got an email from BU tonight saying they had mailed out my acceptance letter today and I would get it in the next week or two. I guess mine got sent out ahead of time. Hope everybody hears soon!

Emvtgse, I was notified that I was admitted on the Feb. 4th and had to submit my preferences for assistantships last friday, February 22nd. Best of luck!!!  :)

Anyone know when Illinois Urbana-Champaign sends out acceptances/rejections for Ph.D. programs? Seems inconsistent on the search results page and I've heard nothing since my application was complete in early December. I tried emailing but didn't get a response. It's one of the only schools I still need to hear back from before I can make my final decision and start planning a move, so I'm eager for any news.