Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

I agree with Sansao. In addition, I'm not sure your application would even need a final review if you were about to be rejected. It's more likely that they're just double-checking you meet university-wide requirements.

I was never able to figure out how to get my email to stop considering any communication from Brandeis spam so I check the spam box regularly, unfortunately. I hadn't thought of an email actually getting LOST though.

I think it would be kind of admissions if they informed the rejected applicants of their decisions first before emailing the accepted ones. It's kind of cruel to see an accepted result on gradcafe then checking manically every 5 seconds to see whether an email has been sent to u. At least if it's the other way around, it's a pleasant surprise in the end instead of a dreadful one. 

I received my first official offer of admission last night from UBC. woohoo. Unfortunately my support package will only come by mail in the next few weeks.
Congratulations. Hopefully they give you a nice funding package too.

I think it would be kind of admissions if they informed the rejected applicants of their decisions first before emailing the accepted ones. It's kind of cruel to see an accepted result on gradcafe then checking manically every 5 seconds to see whether an email has been sent to u. At least if it's the other way around, it's a pleasant surprise in the end instead of a dreadful one. 

Absolutely true.  I saw the first acceptance from one of my programs posted in the results on TGC last night...so now I'm obsessively refreshing my email inbox and glaring at my phone, willing it to ring with an offer of admission.  It's such a reach school, though, that I'll probably be rejected from it.  It would be kinder of them to put their "no" decisions out of their misery before sending out the happy news to their admits!

Absolutely true. I saw the first acceptance from one of my programs posted in the results on TGC last night...so now I'm obsessively refreshing my email inbox and glaring at my phone, willing it to ring with an offer of admission. It's such a reach school, though, that I'll probably be rejected from it. It would be kinder of them to put their "no" decisions out of their misery before sending out the happy news to their admits!

Two things about acceptances;

1. Some acceptance posts on the results search are bs (hence the need for "report spam" tab)

2. A lot of programs notify in waves

Don't give up hope. You might be pleasantly surprised when you least expect it.

Absolutely true.  I saw the first acceptance from one of my programs posted in the results on TGC last night...so now I'm obsessively refreshing my email inbox and glaring at my phone, willing it to ring with an offer of admission.  It's such a reach school, though, that I'll probably be rejected from it.  It would be kinder of them to put their "no" decisions out of their misery before sending out the happy news to their admits!

I believe you and I are freaking out about the same program right now.  Hang in there comrade! (And I am totally doing the exact same thing.)

Do PhD applicants receive results before MA applicants typically? That's the question I'm wondering about.

PhD applications, at least from my research, were all due at least a month sooner than the MA applications. 

For that reason, and since funding goes to the PhDs first, I'd assume that yes, they get results a month or so ahead of the MA students.

I feel your pain. I only applied to MA programs. 

Do PhD applicants receive results before MA applicants typically? That's the question I'm wondering about.

Often. Many schools have an earlier PhD deadline than MA, so they hit those applications first.

I believe you and I are freaking out about the same program right now.  Hang in there comrade! (And I am totally doing the exact same thing.)

Thanks, kyjin!  We'll have to hang tough together! :)

Did you see that said school had another admit posted tonight?  Hope it was yours! :D

Thanks, kyjin!  We'll have to hang tough together! :)

Did you see that said school had another admit posted tonight?  Hope it was yours! :D

I wish, but no.  I am really hoping it's just Americanists so far as suggested in the History thread, but no idea!  Maybe we'll have more news by Monday.

I have been in a terrible funk ever since I didn't get an email or phone call about the "admissions process" from one of the universities I applied to (knowing that others had gotten such a call or email, all spread out over about a month's time).

I'm slowly trying to dig myself out of my pity-party abyss. Ahh..

tumblr_mh9cplTxig1s0ob7po1_500.gif

I wish, but no.  I am really hoping it's just Americanists so far as suggested in the History thread, but no idea!  Maybe we'll have more news by Monday.

Here's hoping! :) I think it happens fairly frequently that the various fields (Americanists, Europeanists, etc.) will split up their applications and make decisions somewhat indepedently.

It would be great if their European and Asian/World History committees would get back to us this week! :D

We ya'all, it is what it is.

Just wanted to stop by and say that I hope everyone tries again. Nail those reject letters to the wall above your computer and keep trying.

That said, i am going to go and eat an entire gallon of Rocky Road ice cream. By myself.