Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

So I had previously applied to another University, but the head of their program had contacted me the day after I turned in the app (mid-December) to tell me that their website was wrong and that they didn't offer the combined program I needed. I ended up getting in contact with admissions (for graduate programs) and getting my app rescinded and the fee refunded.

The lady contacted me again, because she had apparently not noted that she had done so and the University hadn't pulled my app yet apparently.

Gave me a heart attack. Ugh.

So the first sight of crazy started to kick in hardcore today.

I dreamed that I got a call from Colombia(did not even apply there, dont have my program) saying I was accepted.

For anyone that has played persona will get the next part.

Next everything froze and I got the social link start screen.  Dont remember the card that showed, however I started a new social link.

I was then woken up by a phone call, and it was my dad......made me more pissed off than usual.

Has anyone ever died from the anxiety of the wait? Because I feel like I might. And it'll be another few weeks, at least, I think.

I actually just told someone "I am sure that no one has actually ever died of anticipation... but, right now, I feel like it's possible."

I got an email yesterday with the headline "This e-mail contains a link to important information regarding your application".  The body then said "You have a new electronic notice from Graduate Admissions! To open, click here to log in to your account, and click the Messaging link."

And... it was a message saying the deadline had been extended.  Grrrrr!  Can't they put that in the email heading... instead of sending an email directing you to your application status site... directing you to a message!?  I imagine the graduate admissions office laughing thinking about how many panic attacks they caused with that one email.  :)

This. is . SO. mean!!!!!!!

I dreamed that I got a call from Colombia(did not even apply there, dont have my program) saying I was accepted.

Oh I am so there. I had a dream I was on a bus to an interview, but nobody on the bus would tell me which school I was interviewing for. Then the bus driver told me it was a hopeless cause because I clearly wasn't prepared for my interview, and he turned the bus around and drove me home even though I kept insisting that I could do the interview. 

I thought I was losing it a little bit, checking my spam folder so frequently, but then this afternoon I found an email from one of the programs I applied to, just sitting there among all the malware emails and scam artists. It was just a confirmation of submission, but it hasn't done anything good for my state of mind, knowing emails actually got mis-labelled like that.

So ready for April.

Edited by cleverfool

@cleverfool Did you apply to the BCMB program at Weill? I've been waiting on that interview invite, would love to know if it's started for that program.

I can't tell if I'm actually sick with a cold anymore or just worrying myself sick. Wanted to hurl the entire time I was in lab today knowing that tomorrow MIT Biology is probably gonna massively send out invites.

I can't tell if I'm actually sick with a cold anymore or just worrying myself sick. Wanted to hurl the entire time I was in lab today knowing that tomorrow MIT Biology is probably gonna massively send out invites.

I opted to not get a flu shot because I am making myself sick already and I wouldn't know if I had the flu anyway. And why wait in line at CVS when I can be home, obsessively checking for emails that won't come for weeks?

I woke up this morning and realized that I officially am SICK. Ugh.... :(

At least this terrible little cold had the good sense to wait until I submitted all my apps last night.

Just when I thought email was all I had to worry about, I get an interview invite via phone, I'm not here to accept it, and they email me. I will email back, but what if they want to call me back and talk??? How will I keep my voice steady??!!

I was notified of my interview by phone, which was completely unexpected. In that moment I was so happy and excited, that while I couldn't have come up with anything brilliant to add to the conversation, there wasn't room to do so. My guess is that the person who makes that call just wants to hear genuine enthusiasm in your voice. They know that's not the moment to put you on the spot, so just go with your gut.

The thing that makes me most nervous about being notified by phone is my fear that one of my kid siblings will answer and do something horribly unprofessional like yell "ALLIE SOME RANDO IS ON THE PHONE FOR YOU" or tell them that I'm in the bathroom/shower/watching reruns of the Jersey Shore. That, or pick up and take a message, then forget to tell me. Which they do all. the. time. 

The thing that makes me most nervous about being notified by phone is my fear that one of my kid siblings will answer and do something horribly unprofessional like yell "ALLIE SOME RANDO IS ON THE PHONE FOR YOU" or tell them that I'm in the bathroom/shower/watching reruns of the Jersey Shore. That, or pick up and take a message, then forget to tell me. Which they do all. the. time. 

Oh my goodness that is hilarious, but that's because it isn't me lol. I would be so embarassed. Once I was on the phone with my current employer, before I got the job, and I was scheduling my interview, and my mom came in the room all of a sudden, ranting and raving. I ran out of the room and probably sounded winded to my now coworker lol.

@cleverfool Did you apply to the BCMB program at Weill? I've been waiting on that interview invite, would love to know if it's started for that program.

I did, for Biochemistry/Structural Biology, but the interview is actually for Pharmacology (not in the BCMB umbrella), which was my (very close) second choice. So, they've at least done enough deliberation to have looked at my app. and decided to pass it on (and pass on it).

The thing that makes me most nervous about being notified by phone is my fear that one of my kid siblings will answer and do something horribly unprofessional like yell "ALLIE SOME RANDO IS ON THE PHONE FOR YOU" or tell them that I'm in the bathroom/shower/watching reruns of the Jersey Shore.

I know it would be mortifying for you, but this is awesome (if it happened to someone else, of course!) Thanks for the laugh.

Edited by cleverfool

This was fantastic. Thank you for making me laugh.

And good luck preventing it from happening! :P

Oh I am so there. I had a dream I was on a bus to an interview, but nobody on the bus would tell me which school I was interviewing for. Then the bus driver told me it was a hopeless cause because I clearly wasn't prepared for my interview, and he turned the bus around and drove me home even though I kept insisting that I could do the interview. 

I had a similar dream regarding UNC the other day.  Dreamed I didn't submit one piece of my application in time, and they decided all their admits and rejections on one morning, then called to reject me.  Hope that's not a sign! :P

Ha haaaaaa!  I really, really hope you avoid that! :D

So... interview tomorrow. Commencing panic attacks.

You'll knock it out of the park!  Best of luck. :)

Thanks Faraday. Also, I think we should combine our icons, lol.

Hehe. Mine's from one of my favorite TV shows. What is yours from?

Be sure to report back about how the interview went!

You'll knock it out of the park! Best of luck. :)

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! They picked you for a reason, because your background is great, and they would be lucky to have you!

Gooooooooooooooooooood luckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks y'all. I'm really nervous... This particular program is probably the best research fit of all my applications.

Edited by sansao