Neuroscience applicants for Fall 2013

mccamel

It seems that a lot of people on this board that have applied to Vanderbilt have done so through the IGP, but I'm wondering if anyone has applied through the NGP and has any information on when they might be contacting applicants? I searched the results page to look at some of the responses from previous years, but most of those also seemed to be through the IGP.

I just got an interview invite from Yale via email. That was pretty unexpected, I had given up on Yale after hearing about the phone invitations these past couple of days. I look forward to meeting you all in Connecticut :)

edit: Phone call from a prof soon after.

Edited by literally gaussian

Invite from Yale via phone. Anybody know anything about Duke? Are they done? 

Also, I feel like I should say stuff instead of stalking all the time so...so far I've heard back from UC Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Yale and Princeton. No Duke though...shouldn't have had my grandma proofread my statement i guess.

There's not a lot of info on the results page for the Duke Neurobiology program but it looks like in the past they've sent invites on multiple days and usually in January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Edited by LMac

There's not a lot of info on the results page for the Duke Neurobiology program but it looks like in the past they've sent invites on multiple days and usually in January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

A few of us heard from Duke on December 19th.  Good luck, everyone!  

Edited by stmwap

Has anyone heard back from the UCSF Neuroscience program with regards to travel information for their interview session? 

This is what I've heard so far. Hope this helps.

Once we finalize the lists of people coming each weekend we will send out information about travel planning.  We expect that the email with this information will be sent out between January 3rd and the 7th.

Which interview weekend are you visiting?

Edited by ak1921

This is what I've heard so far. Hope this helps.

Once we finalize the lists of people coming each weekend we will send out information about travel planning.  We expect that the email with this information will be sent out between January 3rd and the 7th.

Which interview weekend are you visiting?

Ah, thanks!

February 15 and 16, 2013. How about you? I believe you also received an interview request? 

Edited by nibblingsushi

Ah, thanks!

February 15 and 16, 2013. How about you? I believe you also received an interview request? 

Me too. Actually,we might meet several times during the interview! I also got offers from Harvard, JHU, and MIT. See you there :)

Congrats to nibblingsushi and ak1921 on your UCSF invites! I have to admit I'm pretty jealous. I just found out that one of my top professors of interest at Yale (Dr. Matthew State) is moving to UCSF this year to chair the psychiatry department. You guys can tell me all about how awesome UCSF is if we run into each other in Boston or Baltimore :)

Edited by literally gaussian

I really thought we'd see some action today but it seems pretty quiet. I guess maybe next week?

Anyone else interviewing at Emory Feb 14-16?