UT-Austin

I've seen quite a few rejections and acceptances over the last week or so -- especially in the last couple of days.  Who else is still waiting to hear? It has to be soon right!

Yes, I'd be like that too!!

Rejections appear to have gone out first..... lots of acceptances yesterday.... I'm thinking save the waitlist for last?....

Who really knows --- figured I'd see if anyone else was still hitting refresh every 5 minutes like me :)

I haven't heard either. My best guess is that they are now whittling down an official waitlist. It looks like waitlists went out about a week later than acceptances last year. 

I contacted them by e-mail and they said that decisions will be sent out next two weeks, this is for Comp. lit. program. I'm really not optimistic about their decision, although at first I thought I'll be one of their top picks. We'll see what happens next week. 

I don't know if this will help, but I found the UT thread from last year really informative.

You can get a view of when people were notified about waitlists and the final round of rejections. There were a lot of cool people who got off of the waitlist there last year, so if you get on it don't give up hope!

Thanks! I'm hoping that the lack of responses on the thread means that some of you guys are going to be waitlisted soon!

Edited by muchado

Texas people!!!!

If you're waiting to hear back for waitlist stuff, the waitlist emails went out approximately a week after the acceptances last year. I don't know when the rejections went out in relations to acceptances or waitlist because after the UT acceptances went up I drunk myself into a sodden, sad stupor and only returned to TGF when I was waitlisted.

I would say almost half of the incoming class as far as Lit went off in off the waitlist. The UT waitlist is a good waitlist to be on, but don't expect them to tell you anything while you're waiting. I know everything about that goddamn waitlist.

Texas people!!!!

If you're waiting to hear back for waitlist stuff, the waitlist emails went out approximately a week after the acceptances last year. I don't know when the rejections went out in relations to acceptances or waitlist because after the UT acceptances went up I drunk myself into a sodden, sad stupor and only returned to TGF when I was waitlisted.

I would say almost half of the incoming class as far as Lit went off in off the waitlist. The UT waitlist is a good waitlist to be on, but don't expect them to tell you anything while you're waiting. I know everything about that goddamn waitlist.

Thanks for the input, Fiona. Do you have any insider knowledge as to whether all offers have been made? They've been staggering rejections and my hope was that they were also staggering acceptances.

Texas people!!!!

Hey Fiona, would you mind if I PM'd you for info about Austin? You too, GuateAmfeminist.

Oh, by all means! In my totally non-biased and objective opinion, UT is the best program in the country. I am eager to spread the gospel. Congratulations on getting it!

Hey Fiona, would you mind if I PM'd you for info about Austin? You too, GuateAmfeminist.

Can I piggyback on dazed's request? I'm rhet/comp, but I'd still like to hear from some lit folks in the dept.