HGSE Fall 2014

Edupunk

Granted Conditional Admission which sucks, because I can't apply for the major scholarship I was hoping for :( So probably no Harvard.

What's conditional admission?

Please note that this offer is contingent upon your successful completion of the following requirements this summer to ensure the necessary English language proficiency for graduate study at HGSE:

• Academic Writing at HGSE online course (May 26 through June 13.)
  • Intensive Integrated Skills course at the Harvard Summer School (June 21 through August 8.)

I would still be fine, but my government would pay half of all my expenses for Harvard, they can't pay for a conditional offer :( So I have to talk with admissions and see if there is a way around this? I mean if I still enroll, but they send me a full admission offer before the course? So I can find the money. Otherwise, I am going to Stanford :)

In the same boat here, except I was relying on Harvard for some funding.

I applied for the financial aid awards, but since my offer is conditional, do you think I'm no longer considered for the awards?

If there's no funding from Harvard, I also think I'm going to Stanford.

Just to clarify, if we didn't receive any information on scholarship in our acceptance letter, that means there is none offered? And there is no travel stipend or housing for the Admit Open House, is that correct?

Thank you!

Just to clarify, if we didn't receive any information on scholarship in our acceptance letter, that means there is none offered? And there is no travel stipend or housing for the Admit Open House, is that correct?

Thank you!

On the prematric website it says if you need assistance to attend visit days to contact the admissions office.

Please join the following group for all all 2014-2015 admitted students:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708678272488623/ 

If someone more well-versed than me in the fb world would like to become administrator to moderate the group, please let me know.

Let's talk decisions, funding, visitations, housing, find a roommate etc.

You can also add me at https://www.facebook.com/nomanimali

Please join the following group for all all 2014-2015 admitted students:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708678272488623/ 

If someone more well-versed than me in the fb world would like to become administrator to moderate the group, please let me know.

Let's talk decisions, funding, visitations, housing, find a roommate etc.

You can also add me at https://www.facebook.com/nomanimali

The link seems to be broken! Or something wrong at my end?

HGSE IEP : admitted

GWGSE IED : admitted

OXFORD CIE : interviewd and awaiting notification

COLUMBIA CIE : awaiting notification

Congratulations to everyone!

If you are interested in applying to any of these schools in the future just shoot me an email for questions.

Best!

-Kelly

HGSE IEP : admitted

GWGSE IED : admitted

OXFORD CIE : interviewd and awaiting notification

COLUMBIA CIE : awaiting notification

Congratulations to everyone!

If you are interested in applying to any of these schools in the future just shoot me an email for questions.

Best!

-Kelly

Where are you leaning at the moment?

My top choice is HGSE.

However, I am also awaiting to see the financial proposals of all schools.

If I earn some of the scholarships to which I have applied at HGSE then my decision is final.

We shall see.

I am from Peru so I probably would not be able to go for the open house in April.

How about you? Where are you thinking of going?

Hello Everyone. I've been lurking for some time but haven't posted.

I will likely attend HGSE this fall for Higher Education. I will attend the admitted students orientation April 3-4, and look forward to meeting everyone!

I've been creeping on this topic for awhile and wanted to say CONGRATS to all of you! I'm a graduating EdM student at HGSE. It's been a fantastic experience for me, and I'm so excited that you all have this opportunity open for you.

If anything, I would say the following things -- 1. GO VISIT! If your travel exceeds a certain # of miles, HGSE does offer travel assistance. I got my flight taken care of last year and that really helped. Also, visiting the schools really makes a difference especially if you are on the borderline about where you should matriculate. I would have attended a completely different program if I had not made the visits to all the schools.

2. HGSE is not known for generous financial aid packages. Just throwing that out there, in case any of you had high hopes for a 100% grants, need-based package... haha. Maybe it'll change over the years! We're definitely trying to change that now.

3. Get to know each other!!! This time (admissions~first day of class) is basically when you'll get to meet everyone and anyone because you don't have a ton of bias about "your cohort"... and also because you have TIME (I seriously don't have free time anymore). Once classes start it's more challenging to get to know folks outside of your cohort, esp if you are in a program w/required classes.

In particular, I think I can speak for my experiences as a student of color, a student from the West Coast, and as a young student (direct from undergraduate), so feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about those aspects of my HGSE experiences!...  :)

Admitted to HGSE TIE just last week! I really didn't expect this and had almost written Harvard off as someone directly out of undergrad and with scores/grades that weren't that exceptional. However, after getting crazy looks from my advisors, I reconsidered my acceptance and began to appreciate the many possibilities as a Harvard student.  I haven't accepted the offer yet because I'm waiting on the visitation day and also the possibility of a merit scholarship (I'm not too disillusioned about that, though).  

I'm pretty excited about April 3!  Can't wait to meet y'all!

Hi everyone! Congrats to all!!! 

I've been stalking this thread for a while and now just made an account so that I can join in on the conversation here :)

I believe I will also be attending this fall for Learning & Teaching! Any other L&T folks here?

Have you guys thought about housing situation?