Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

About Duke--someone posted assumed rejection. Would anyone mind sharing info about what's going on with Duke, if you know anything? Thank you!

I know for Social Psychology that Duke will be interviewing 5 people on January 30-31. I am not sure how many spots there are and whether all 5 invitations have been extended.

I have the same problem for interview weekend!  3 of my schools (maybe even more that I don't know of) have interviews on 2/28-3/1.  My POI from 2 of the schools have said over email or phone that they may be inviting me out.  I hope I get interviews from all 3, but I don't know what to do if I do.

I have the same problem for interview weekend!  3 of my schools (maybe even more that I don't know of) have interviews on 2/28-3/1.  My POI from 2 of the schools have said over email or phone that they may be inviting me out.  I hope I get interviews from all 3, but I don't know what to do if I do.

Can I ask which schools you applied to that have such a late interview weekend?

There are people who have posted on the Results Search that they got rejected by UIowa when they checked the website.  I'm just wondering, for those who applied there--is that checking ISIS and looking at your Admissions Profile or something else?  Because there, mine just says "In Progress", and if there's somewhere else to actually see a more definitive answer, that would be awesome!! lol

I'm just really confused.

Seems like almost all of the interview weekends are Feb 7-9 or around then.  Anyone else concerned about how they're going to schedule multiple interviews?

All of my California interviews are the same week, so I'm just going to fly out and do them back to back (assuming I get an invite to UCLA). Here's what I know so far:

Jan 30-31: Delaware

Feb 3: UC Davis

Feb 6-7: UC San Diego

Feb 7-8: UCLA

I received my official invites to UC Davis and Delaware today. The PI at Delaware is definitely trying to recruit me (and he's a really big deal), which makes me both anxious and excited. I feel like at the end of the day I'll have some difficult choices to make.

All of my California interviews are the same week, so I'm just going to fly out and do them back to back (assuming I get an invite to UCLA). Here's what I know so far:

Jan 30-31: Delaware

Feb 3: UC Davis

Feb 6-7: UC San Diego

Feb 7-8: UCLA

I received my official invites to UC Davis and Delaware today. The PI at Delaware is definitely trying to recruit me (and he's a really big deal), which makes me both anxious and excited. I feel like at the end of the day I'll have some difficult choices to make.

What program did you apply to at Delaware?

Is anyone applying to U of Minnesota Personality, Individual Differences, & Behavioral Genetics?

Hello green90,

Not applying to the Personality, Individual Differences, etc. program, but I did apply to the U of Minnesota Social/Political psychology program. 

And if you're wondering, I've not heard anything from them. Have you?

Hello green90,

Not applying to the Personality, Individual Differences, etc. program, but I did apply to the U of Minnesota Social/Political psychology program. 

And if you're wondering, I've not heard anything from them. Have you?

No I haven't. Since the faculty overlap so much in that program (i.e. work in multiple departments), I'd imagine we would hear from them at about the same time.

No I haven't. Since the faculty overlap so much in that program (i.e. work in multiple departments), I'd imagine we would hear from them at about the same time.

I completely agree. I applied to the social program, but geared my statement to political science professors who are also in the social psych program. 

Anyway, you seem much more optimistic than myself. I'm not sure I will hear from them  :o

Checking the Results Board, however, I noticed that Minnesota typically does not "interview" social or personality students. I mostly only see clinical, counseling, and school psychology; with acceptances for social, personality, etc. occurring in early Feb. 

Best of luck to you  :D

What program did you apply to at Delaware?

Cognitive psychology. I had a phone interview with the PI, and he invited me to the interview weekend. Then the department head sent me an official invite.

Edited by bathingintheneon

Not you - I was just saying this to my friend yesterday.  Hoping that means I will get some invites soon as my schools don't seem to have sent many [or any!] out... 

Is it me, or have there been a relative dearth of social psych interview invites posted compared to other programs?

Definitely not you. Typically, some social departments wait until after SPSP to do interviews, though with it being so much later this year, I don't know how that's going to work.

Out of curiosity:

I know that all clinical programs have interview processes.

What is it like for experimental programs?  Do they have interviews as well?  Or do experimental students just have to wait to hear whether or not they are accepted/rejected?