Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

PI called today to invite me to Maryland on Feb 20-21 :)

Anyone heard anything about UCLA? I saw some posts on the results board for social psych, but it looks like their interview weekend is this weekend, whereas developmental is Feb 7-8 (http://www.psych.ucla.edu/graduate/prospective-students/application-instructions). 

It really does seem like there are less clinical applicants this year.  Could this be?!  I will be a happy camper if this is actually the case.

You may want to check the Student Doctor Network Psychology Forum. They have an great Interview Invite thread.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a way to PM the people who post on the results search and have them stay anonymous?  I feel like no one ever gets PMs when requesting POI names, probably because people are concerned about their privacy.  But damn, the UNC one is killing me!   :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if there were a way to PM the people who post on the results search and have them stay anonymous?  I feel like no one ever gets PMs when requesting POI names, probably because people are concerned about their privacy.  But damn, the UNC one is killing me!   :lol:

I agree that it would be nice to ask questions. Some have listed results from different schools but without mentioning the specific program they applied to. Should I be concerned that interviews have already gone out or was that in a different department that is on a different schedule?

Hi, bathingintheneon! Have you heard from UW? (Is this in Seattle?) thanks!

Hi! The PI just e-mailed me this morning to invite me to the interview weekend on Feb 21-22. And yes, it's the University of Washington in Seattle.

Hi! The PI just e-mailed me this morning to invite me to the interview weekend on Feb 21-22. And yes, it's the University of Washington in Seattle.

Ooh, that's a very early email! May i know who the PI is? Thanks!

Anyone here want to claim the Pittsburgh Biological/Health PhD post on the results board. Or anyone else apply there and hear/waiting to hear something?

Anyone here want to claim the Pittsburgh Biological/Health PhD post on the results board. Or anyone else apply there and hear/waiting to hear something?

In case anyone applied here. Faculty are still reviewing, should hear something in a week.

Edited by kpsych

Having a panic moment--saw that UMich sent someone an interview invite yesterday on both the results search and on the student doctor threads.

Are they seriously only interviewing 2 people (or perhaps one)? Is there more information on this?

People with Stanford interview invites: which program did you apply to?  Are all invitations extended? (Can't find contact number on website to call and ask.) Thanks!

Edited by gellert

Does anyone know if all/any invites for School Psychology (PhD) at Columbia Teacher's College have gone out yet?  I saw on the results page that an MA invite went out but so far nothing about PhD as far as I know.

Last week two of the schools I applied to contacted me for interviews!  I had a phone interview yesterday and I cannot attend the in-person interview for the other school.  I'm excited to see where all of this is heading (and hopefully I'll start hearing from other schools soon!)