Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

Hello!  

Has anyone heard from the UPenn Social and Cultural Psych program?  I see posts in the results forum that the invitations went out for Psychology (but not specifying an area). . .then again, I know the website says the Psych department admits as a whole and not into specific areas. . .

Any idea about invitations for UPenn Psych with a focus on the Social and Cultural Psych program?

All interview invites for all of psychology went out already. I called today.

Hi again! I was curious about something on the results board. When people report "Interview" via Phone, does this mean they had a phone interview or does it mean they were invited to an in person interview by their POI calling them? I'm sure there's probably been a bit of both, just curious what it's been like for most people who've had phone conversations with their POI!

When you post results it gives you a list of options for the method of notification.  So if it says "via Phone" or "via Email" that is how the applicant was notified.

Haha- this is going to be an intense week! I'm still waiting on UT Austin developmental. Does anyone know if all the interviews went out? Someone had mentioned that they were suppose to go out last week, but I didn't see any updates on the results page (besides one from 1/7). Should I assume it's a no go?

Hey CAda. I'm also waiting on UT Austin, though I applied to both the Developmental and Cognitive Science programs. I recently emailed the graduate coordinator but am still waiting to hear back. Not sure if that means anything. 

Anyone hear from U Michigan-Ann Arbor's Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience program?

I didn't apply to the cog. but rather the developmental track, and I haven't heard anything either. From the looks of it, I can't tell if interviews have already been extended and offers made. 

This silence is rather lonely...

From the results board, it looks like Vanderbilt psychological sciences Ph.D. applicants may have received their interview invitations way back in mid-December. Can anyone confirm that their interviews are all out?

Thanks!

Edited by CAda

Any news on UBC? I saw one (developmental) invitation for the 7th/8th weekend posted in the results....

your interview from UConn is not with the psych dept., is it? Thanks!

Does anyone know if NYU or  Princeton social interviews have been sent out?

Someone on the results page posted (after receiving an invitation) that the "Visit Weekend" is Jan 31-Feb 1. I applied to Princeton social as well, but I'm assuming that I'm essentially rejected because I didn't get invited to something taking place 1.5 weeks from now. I e-mailed the department, but never got anything back.

Late on this, but for those of you considering masters programs, I highly recommend W&M. I did my Masters there and am happy to answer questions by PM.

Hi, could u give me more information about that? Also, I am very confused that whether I should get PhD or Master. I want to work as a therapist/practitioner in the future.

So I went ahead and booked my travel to California, assuming that UCLA won't extend me an invite. 

Has anyone heard anything from UVA? The results board has been virtually empty, and looking at previous years, it seems like I may have until the end of January to wait for an invite. They're pretty late to the game though. 

Can any UT Austin Developmental interviewees PM their POI? Pretty please?

I'm officially going loco with the uncertainty of this whole process! The UT Austin grad admissions counselor told me today that interviews are sent out on a rolling basis- no word as to when they will all be sent out. But, seems like the interview date is really soon...

I just emailed the UIC Clinical coordinator and she said that "The committee is still in the process of reviewing applications.  Those candidates invited in for interviews should be contacted within the next week or two."

Also, I got my very first acceptance this morning from Ohio State (for Clinical PhD)! So excited. :)

I just emailed the UIC Clinical coordinator and she said that "The committee is still in the process of reviewing applications.  Those candidates invited in for interviews should be contacted within the next week or two."

Also, I got my very first acceptance this morning from Ohio State (for Clinical PhD)! So excited. :)

Congrats!!! Hope you're celebrating tonight!

I was contacted by one of my POIs, who first called and then sent an informal email. I'm still waiting for more information from the graduate coordinator, which may indicate that they too are waiting for the professors to finish contacting those invited for interviews. So, if you haven't heard anything there may be hope! 

I was invited for an interview though an email from one of my POIs, but nothing changed on the website. I have no idea how many invitations are supposed to be sent out/ if they have all been sent. I guess the best thing you can do is check to see if any new interviews have been posted in the results section. Which I'm sure you're doing like crazy already ;) You can PM me if you'd like.