Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

Has anyone heard or know anything about stony brook's social-health program?  Have they contacted anyone?

Ditto to what everyone else has said. I haven't heard from them but have heard from basically every other school, with the exception of UConn Social.

Ditto to what everyone else has said. I haven't heard from them but have heard from basically every other school, with the exception of UConn Social.

I wonder if they are waiting until SPSP (or just before or just after) to decide who to interview.  The word on the street is that in the past they've done interviews about 10 -14 days or so after SPSP.  But SPSP is next weekend - time is awfully close.

Has anyone heard from the Social programs at Carnegie Mellon or U Illinois at Urbana Champaign? Those are the last 2 I'm crossing my fingers for (and Stony Brook).

Just got rejected from my top choice yesterday after what I thought was a good interview. =(

Congrats to all of you who've been accepted so far!

Any have more info on the UCSC acceptance?

Also curious about this!

The UCSC was me. I got an email from my POI saying that the faculty had "recommended [me] for admission" and that he was really excited to have me join his lab. But I haven't heard directly from the school yet, which is getting slightly concerning. The email also said they only took 5 people this year, but I don't know if they're planning to extend more offers if anyone turns theirs down or what.

If anyone is still waiting for Yale, I'm afraid they're done. I expected it at this point, but they posted a generic, all graduate programs rejection letter to my profile yesterday, so it looks like they've filled all openings in the graduate school for next Fall.

All? That is too bad... I applied to their linguistics program but have not heard anything at all. It looks like they just gave out their first, perhaps only, acceptances today.

Has anyone heard anything from Michigan State? I applied to their Ecological/Community program, but I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has heard from them. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think they have a way to check your application status :(

Hey @ihatechoosingusernames! I applied their CCN program. I guess we will be informed of the decisions in the next two weeks. I was told in my Skype interview that they will make decisions around the middle of February. Fingers crossed for both of us!  

To whoever posted on the Results Search about the University of Michigan combined program in Education/Psych, thanks for including the comment about there being 96 applicants. It took a little of the sting off my rejection. :) 

To whoever posted on the Results Search about the University of Michigan combined program in Education/Psych, thanks for including the comment about there being 96 applicants. It took a little of the sting off my rejection. :)

Hi, likemythesis. That was me- you're welcome. How did you find out about your rejection? If i hadn't asked, then i wouldn't have known..

Hi, likemythesis. That was me- you're welcome. How did you find out about your rejection? If i hadn't asked, then i wouldn't have known..

I got a letter in the mail, actually. Just your polite little "this doesn't reflect on you, just on the sheer amount of applicants" blurb. 

It looks like three of us that got into Loyola Chicago's Counseling Psych program all posted on the results board. I know for a fact that only four students were accepted and I would like to get to know this potential cohort so if you're lurking and got in (or were even wait listed) can you shoot me a message? This was a fun interview group, I wish they had more space.

Hey @ihatechoosingusernames! I applied their CCN program. I guess we will be informed of the decisions in the next two weeks. I was told in my Skype interview that they will make decisions around the middle of February. Fingers crossed for both of us!  

Here's hoping! I'm so nervous! 

Here's hoping! I'm so nervous! 

Well, shoot! Spoke too soon...just got my rejection letter. Ugh.