Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

Three of my applications are in psychology departments, as I am interested in the intersection of the brain and language. Today, I got my first notification of an interview. Dread has become anticipation.  :)

Congratulations on the interview! And I know how you feel about the interview, I had one earlier this week... but I won't get into that. 

Judging by your sig, is your interview with UConn? Could you please tell me if that is for their psych program, and if so, which program exactly? They have a couple of linguistics programs so I wonder if it's one of those :D 

I received an email to check my application status on the online application.

I didn't receive anything and the website only says submitted. Can you tell me which website you were directed to in that email? Thanks!

Not really sure about this but you can try two things:

Checking the results section for this specific program.

Checking the Professional Programs section in the Menu, they have a section specifically for Social Work. They may have more information.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the program! 

Thanks a lot :)

The person who posted the rejection from UT Austin - IDEP may you please PM me the POI you applied under and also did you initiate the communication through email? 

Thanks! 

We'll I hope that's a good sign that I didn't receive an email!

I didn't get one either. What psychology did you apply to? I know the interview weekend for UVA is this weekend, so no idea what has happened!

Woohoo Accepted to PsyD at Georgia Southern....I may just explode! Anyone else attending GS in the Fall? Need a roommate

Applied: 9

Accepted: 2

Rejected: 1

Waiting on the other 6 but decision is made

Anyone hear from Temple, Rutgers, Boston, or Duke? (PhD)

I just joined this, so sorry if this has already been posted or discussed.

Temple had interviews already (last weekend of January). The adcom has also already met to discuss results of the interviews (at least for Clinical).

You can also try searching the results posts for these schools.

Anyone hear from Temple, Rutgers, Boston, or Duke? (PhD)

I just joined this, so sorry if this has already been posted or discussed.

Duke had interviews last week for Social Psych, so they are done. They are only taking one person this year, unfortunately.

Hi all, I asked a week or so ago but didn't get a reply. Was just wondering if anyone applied / heard from UPenn or University of Minnesota phd programs? Thanks!

Edited by dare2lare

Hi all, I asked a week or so ago but didn't get a reply. Was just wondering if anyone applied / heard from UPenn or University of Minnesota phd programs? Thanks!

look through the thread.. It's been said multiple times that UPenn sent all their invites a while back.

If anyone is still waiting for Yale, I'm afraid they're done. I expected it at this point, but they posted a generic, all graduate programs rejection letter to my profile yesterday, so it looks like they've filled all openings in the graduate school for next Fall.

Has anyone heard or know anything about stony brook's social-health program?  Have they contacted anyone?

They are the only school I haven't heard anything from! Haven't seen anything on the results page either

They are the only school I haven't heard anything from! Haven't seen anything on the results page either

I think their clinical dept has already done invites (and perhaps even interviews).  But social all I've heard is crickets...