Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

Pardon me if this has already been addressed, but has anyone heard from the University of Virginia - Developmental Psychology program?

I also applied to the developmental program and haven't heard anything. Guess we'll just have to hang in there a little longer!

Eeek, so happy to hear from you! The wait is anguish! Good luck on all of your interviews!!! 

I know! UVA was my top choice at the beginning of this process, but they seem to be dragging their feet with the applications. 

Quantitative psychology applicants:  Is ASU done sending invites?  I haven't seen anything in this thread and the only recent results on the board are for social psych. 

I know! UVA was my top choice at the beginning of this process, but they seem to be dragging their feet with the applications. 

Ah! UChicago is my #1 but UVa is a super close second, it feels good to be waiting with others though (: though i pray our wait is not much longer!

There are some people posting both Iowa State and Missouri-Columbia Counseling Psychology invitations. Does anyone know what is going on with these two programs? I have yet to hear anything, so I am assuming a rejection from Mizzou; but, the Iowa State ones are relatively new, so I was wondering if maybe they were POI specific and there are still invitations to be sent out?

Hi all, 

I had applied to the PhD program at the Brown's School of Social work at WashU. Got an interview call with two of the top most professors. It went pretty well. Does anybody know when do they let out the admission decisions ?

Hi all, 

I had applied to the PhD program at the Brown's School of Social work at WashU. Got an interview call with two of the top most professors. It went pretty well. Does anybody know when do they let out the admission decisions ?

Not really sure about this but you can try two things:

Checking the results section for this specific program.

Checking the Professional Programs section in the Menu, they have a section specifically for Social Work. They may have more information.

I hope this helps. Good luck with the program! 

Just got an interview invite from my POI at UMass Boston. They just had their committee meeting and should be extending invites over the next couple days. Interview is either 2/24 or 2/28 (you can choose).

Just got a phone call from my POI at UMass Boston's Clinical program as well. There are 20 slots available on 2/24 and 20 slots available on 2/28 (that's a lot of interviews!). Super excited!

Edited by Yaris

I've applied to Social Psychology and Clinical Health Psychology (UNorth Texas) and some Health Psychology at

UC Berkeley, UT Austin, UC Boulder, U New Mexico, U of Montana, U North Texas and Colorado State University

Would you pm me your poi at UNM?

Anyone know whether lots of invites go out in February as well? I've only heard back from one school so far, a rejection. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm having a hard time with this. 

Probably depends on when the applications were due and when the schools get around to contacting people (and not all schools interview). So if you have a school like a couple that I applied to that were late deadlines, by snail mail, and don't interview, you'll probably just get a physical letter (probably with a call from your POI if you get in). 

Have you checked the results search to see if anyone else has posted invites to the programs in question? There's also a thread somewhere about interview dates, so you could infer if you haven't heard back by that date that you are probably rejected.

I was put on the short-list (aka wait list) for one of the schools that I had a phone interview with (pretty bummed because I really liked their program). Got word earlier today that I have an interview in a little over a month at another school and I still have to figure out what to do with the program that had an on-campus interview I couldn't attend.

This process is making me nuts. 

Three of my applications are in psychology departments, as I am interested in the intersection of the brain and language. Today, I got my first notification of an interview. Dread has become anticipation.  :)