Fall 2014 Applicant Thread!

gellert

Have any of the IO Psych PhD applicants heard about interviews? I can't help but feel supremely nervous now that we're almost in the 3rd week of Jan. I haven't heard back about any interviews yet, should I be worried? :(

Have any of the IO Psych PhD applicants heard about interviews? I can't help but feel supremely nervous now that we're almost in the 3rd week of Jan. I haven't heard back about any interviews yet, should I be worried? :(

Look at the I/O PhD 2014 thread.  Michigan State has made decisions and Penn State has sent out interview invites.  Also I think Bowling Green has started making decisions. 

Most of the programs (I/O) I've applied to don't start notifying until the last week of Jan and through Feb so I doubt you have much to worry about!

Edited by Bren2014

Look at the I/O PhD 2014 thread.  Michigan State has made decisions and Penn State has sent out interview invites.  Also I think Bowling Green has started making decisions. 

Most of the programs (I/O) I've applied to don't start notifying until the last week of Jan and through Feb so I doubt you have much to worry about!

Thanks! 

I saw that people have reported interview invitations with Brown's CLPS department. Does anyone know if all of the invitations have been extended? 

Thanks!

I was contacted by one of my POIs, who first called and then sent an informal email. I'm still waiting for more information from the graduate coordinator, which may indicate that they too are waiting for the professors to finish contacting those invited for interviews. So, if you haven't heard anything there may be hope! 

I had an anxiety-provoked status-checking spree, so I went on the websites of all the schools I applied to to see if there was any change in my application page. On the Columbia Teachers College VIP page, I checked in the "my events/interviews" tab and it used to say "you have no events scheduled", but now it says "registered/waitlisted". Anyone else find something similar? I applied to the Counseling program just to be clear. 

I assume this means I am waitlisted but I am not sure. If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it =) 

The same thing happened with my TC VIP page, no idea what it means. You may be right though! Considering only one person reported being asked to attend the interview, I think there's still hope!

The same thing happened with my TC VIP page, no idea what it means. You may be right though! Considering only one person reported being asked to attend the interview, I think there's still hope!

So I applied to Columbia TC too (for M.Ed in School Psychology) and was offered an interview and I also have that "registered/waitlisted" tab as well, so I don't think it means anything!

Third time really is the charm... after being rejected the last two cycles I applied, I just received an offer from one of my top choices. So excited!

Good for you! Way to keep it up, this is round 2 for me :)

For the person asking about Brown's CLPS invites, I'm not sure if all the invites are out or not. Wish I could help more. If you want to pm me your POI I can tell you if it's the same as mine.

In case anyone applied here. Faculty are still reviewing, should hear something in a week.

Health program only, or any of the other Pitt programs as well? I saw on the results board that cognitive and/or clinical have sent out invites for interviews.

So just wondering...when you've been invited to interview somewhere, is it completely unprofessional to ask your POI how many people are invited to the interview? I'm just trying to get an idea of where I stand, because I'm sure it varies from school to school. Has anyone else done this?

Third time really is the charm... after being rejected the last two cycles I applied, I just received an offer from one of my top choices. So excited!

Congratulations! :D 

If I may ask, what changed between times 2 and 3?  I'm on my second time applying and only have one interview so far, so I'm starting to get a bit nervous, haha.

Health program only, or any of the other Pitt programs as well? I saw on the results board that cognitive and/or clinical have sent out invites for interviews.

This is my fourth round. I'm (maybe unreasonably) embarrassed about that. And I still haven't gotten any interviews.

What are you doing between rounds to improve your application? This is round 2 for me, but I'm finishing up my Master's now.

To all of those applying to PhD programs, what type of degrees do you currently have/will have by May? 

I am earning my MS in General Psychology.  I'll have it in May.  My undergrad is in education, so I wasn't even going to try for doctoral programs with just that.  Seeing that some are on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round of applications, maybe that isn't enough either.  I guess we'll see.  No interviews yet.