2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

No one has been picking up in my home program for the past few days... So I called the main biosci office and asked if all home programs were done. And she told me that as of  today they were done sending things for ALL programs... so now your info is surprising and hopeful lol

We'll just have to wait, but I think it might be time for me to consider what life without Stanford might be like.

Did they specify mail or email? I heard that some official interview invitations were sent via mail on Friday, meaning that we might not get them until sometime this week.

where did you hear they were being sent via regular mail? and it seems weird that they would send invites via different methods to students the same program but idk

where did you hear they were being sent via regular mail? and it seems weird that they would send invites via different methods to students the same program but idk

I know they are sending those who got interviews and were notified via e-mail a snail mail packet with more information on the interview and those who did not get interviews rejections via snail mail. 

Accepted to Vanderbilt IGP!!!! So, so ecstatic - such a great program that they sold immensely well during the interview weekend. If anyone is heading there for an interview and has questions about the weekend in general, feel free to PM me! :D

Accepted to Vanderbilt IGP!!!! So, so ecstatic - such a great program that they sold immensely well during the interview weekend. If anyone is heading there for an interview and has questions about the weekend in general, feel free to PM me! :D

Congrats!!! You're one of the first acceptances I've seen this season :D That's so awesome! 

Congrats!!! You're one of the first acceptances I've seen this season :D That's so awesome! 

Thank you! It feels great to know that no matter what, I'll be heading to grad school next fall. And that apparently, I can't be that bad at interviewing! Looks like it's about time for everyone on the GC forums to start getting their good news too! :)

just saw this "

Stanford Biosciences, PhD (F14) Interview via Phone on 13 Jan 2014 A 13 Jan 2014
  • Just so everyone knows I got a call from someone in the Biophysics department just now so Stanford is still sending out invitation (for some programs at least)!"

Thank you! It feels great to know that no matter what, I'll be heading to grad school next fall. And that apparently, I can't be that bad at interviewing! Looks like it's about time for everyone on the GC forums to start getting their good news too! :)

When was your interview weekend?  I just had one this past weekend and am curious when I'll know! (especially because this school has two weekends :P)

Is there anyone who knows the interview dates for UPenn Immunology, Emory Immunology, Yale Immunobiology, UMiami Micro & Immunology, and Einstein Micro & Immunology? Also are there any international students who applied to these programs and have received feedback of any sort. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

When was your interview weekend?  I just had one this past weekend and am curious when I'll know! (especially because this school has two weekends :P)

I just had mine this past weekend as well. They told us while we were there that they would get together after our interviews and let us know "yes or no" today, which I was actually surprised about the fast turn-around. But also grateful, since I'm sure it would be torture waiting too long! No idea what the normal turn-around time is, though. Good luck in hearing soon, and in hearing good news!

For those who got Weill Cornell BCMB interview invitations, I am wondering what dates do you guys get?

I got 12-14 Feb but it conflicted with my other interviews. :(  

Hopefully that is not the only weekend available...

I got the same dates for Weill Cornell BCMB :(

Well, I can't tell you much other than you'll know by monday.  But if you didn't get a rejection yesterday, that might be a good sign.  Good luck to you!

Still no news yet from Michigan PIBS. Thinking about calling them soon. 

Not very descriptive information but I talked to my old labmate who is a PhD student at Mt. Sinai now and a professor just reviewed my application and was impressed.  Also, if they want to give any interviews, you should hear this month (shocking).

Baylor interview invite. On a side note, UTHealth is still reviewing apps for those who applied.

I look forward to the interviews, but not too crazy about having to miss 3 classes. One of my classes you just can't make up things. One more interview and that's it. Hopefully Vanderbilt IGP or WuSTL DBBS pull through as I only have one interview weekend left that I can make up in school. We shall see - who knew there was this much to worry about with interviews? :(

I got the same dates for Weill Cornell BCMB :(

For those who got Weill Cornell BCMB interview invitations, I am wondering what dates do you guys get?

I got 12-14 Feb but it conflicted with my other interviews. :(  

Hopefully that is not the only weekend available...

Same, they didn't give another date. I'm glad because every other weekend is booked.

Finally caved in. Lurkers gonna lurk.

Certainly still hope for Vandy! Received an interview offer earlier this morning via e-mail. 

When did you hear from CU Boulder? That's the last school I'm waiting on.