2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Anyone know about UW's BPSD program?

I've emailed the coordinator like 3 times and have tried calling her, but getting no answers. She had told me earlier that they'd be done by December 20th, but I haven't gotten anything from them.

has anyone heard anything from Thomas Jefferson IMP program yet?

I work at Jeff and know some people in the grad school; they're using a new app system which has been buggy and the deadline isn't for 2 days. I'd give them another few weeks.

Does anyone know whether UCLA Access or USC PIBBS are still reviewing applications? 

I want to know if UCLA Access are still reviewing applications too.  I'll probably cave in and call them directly if I don't get any news from any program today.

I want to know if UCLA Access are still reviewing applications too.  I'll probably cave in and call them directly if I don't get any news from any program today.

I've asked some of the grad students here and they have no clue. I'm tempted to just walk over and ask in person, but wanted to see if someone knew already. I applied to MCDB, which home area did you choose? 

I've asked some of the grad students here and they have no clue. I'm tempted to just walk over and ask in person, but wanted to see if someone knew already. I applied to MCDB, which home area did you choose? 

I can't remember for some reason,  I am either in the same program you applied too, or the genomics & genetics program if it is in there.  When I submitted my application I remember they called me up by phone and said Molecular Biology is too narrow so they gave me a list to pick and out of heat of the moment I can't remember which choice I ended up with.

Edited by knightrunner

Does anyone know whether UCLA Access or USC PIBBS are still reviewing applications? 

UCLA Access will review your application until April (which means all the applicants are in "hold/ waitlisted" status) unless you got a rejection letter from UCLA. 

Edited by slazender

I can't remember for some reason,  I am either in the same program you applied too, or the genomics & genetics program if it is in there.  When I submitted my application I remember they called me up by phone and said Molecular Biology is too narrow so they gave me a list to pick and out of heat of the moment I can't remember which choice I ended up with.

I'm also an ACCESS applicant.  I picked Immunity & Microbes as my home area.  Haven't seen anything on the results page from that home area at all which makes me think they're still reviewing.  I remember reading each home area reviews the apps separately.

CDB (just changed the department name from MCDB to CDB) department already started sending the interview if you checked it on results section. They are still reviewing.

Edited by slazender

For those who got Weill Cornell BCMB interview invitations, I am wondering what dates do you guys get?

I got 12-14 Feb but it conflicted with my other interviews. :(  

Hopefully that is not the only weekend available...

Same dates, but never hurts to ask if they have alternates.

I'm also an ACCESS applicant.  I picked Immunity & Microbes as my home area.  Haven't seen anything on the results page from that home area at all which makes me think they're still reviewing.  I remember reading each home area reviews the apps separately.

I see.  I'm glad not everybody has news yet so there is still hope.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by knightrunner

Just got rejected from Michigan PIBS. Was hoping for an interview there, especially since it was my second time applying. In general, do programs give you a more thorough look if you are a returning applicant? All thoughts are appreciated. 
Edited by TheCubaLibre

Still haven't heard anything from Stanford which is a total bummer, but Madison is nominating me for a "highly competitive" fellowship so I guess it's fairly safe to say that they'll admit me as long as I don't screw up my interview.

Yay for getting in somewhere!

I think I might just be instilling and promoting false hope for myself, haha. Maybe I will call to specify for neuro. I heard for neuro that people got phone calls, some got follow up emails, but to expect snail mail with details.

So didn't see any results from Stanford neuro today. Did you end up calling them? I think they'd probably finish up sending out invites today, since they already started Friday, but I'm curious if they are sending invites via snail mail. I'd think they'd call or email everyone they invite in addition to mailing a letter, but hard to be sure.

I just had mine this past weekend as well. They told us while we were there that they would get together after our interviews and let us know "yes or no" today, which I was actually surprised about the fast turn-around. But also grateful, since I'm sure it would be torture waiting too long! No idea what the normal turn-around time is, though. Good luck in hearing soon, and in hearing good news!

That's a quick turnaround ... they don't mess around lol

Big day today! Got my interview invite from UCSF and a rejection from UTSW after interviewing there last week. I honestly would have felt a little awkward if they had accepted me because I think it was apparent to both sides that the research being done there and my current research interests are pretty poorly matched.

Edited by sqxz