2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

For anyone interested in a late application deadline, I just got an email from the University of Denver Bio graduate program (MS and Ph.D) so they must still be taking apps.

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW AT STANFORD!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Biology by the way. 

Yay! Congrats!

Ahhhh! I got my first acceptance today from UIUC! Not sure if I'll end up going there (I love the program but am not so hot on the location), but I can now say definitively that I will be a grad student in the fall, come hell or high water. I want to cry...I had my first interviews today too, and I'm exhausted. Not all of them went as well as I would have liked, and I was beginning to have some doubts about whether I was cut out for this or not. For those of you who are getting bad news and beginning to have doubts yourself, don't give up hope! It's not over until it's over, and then there's always next year! Just remember that over the next few weeks.

Well if Stanford (genetics) doesn't come today, then I'll be waiting by the computer on Monday for Stanford then on Tuesday for Rockefeller. That will be an incredibly stressful week.

I see a Stanford genetics on the results

Well from what I gather seeming as there are no Stanford micro and Immuno home program invites it is delayed till Monday

Unfortunately, it looks like there was a post for immuno. We might be waitlisted/rejected (I'm applying to the same programs). 

Unfortunately, it looks like there was a post for immuno. We might be waitlisted/rejected (I'm applying to the same programs).

Yes that was for immuno not micro+immuno. That home program sends out today and Monday so not necessarily

it's like Stanford sends interview first, and WashU sends reject first.

What a positive school Stanford is! 

And I don't get one from Stanford......what a negative person I am!!!

Good luck for who gets interview from Stanford!! one of the best in the world :D 

To whoever asked: I got my MIT invite at 3:14 pm. Not sure if they're sending out multiple waves or what. 

Also, I got a Stanford Genetics invite! Received at 6:31 pm central time. 

Congrats to all who got good news today. To those who haven't heard yet, don't freak out! Some of these schools definitely send out multiple waves, and I have worried myself excessively over other interviews when a little patience would have saved my blood pressure. (: 

Looking forward at a Vanderbilt IGP interview. Anyone have any idea how many they interview or a matriculation rate? Looks like their incoming class last year was mid 50's.

So jealous! I can't even get them to reply to my darn emails. Please make sure to tell them during your interviews to send their rejections ASAP to those of us who are staring at our emails hehe ;)

Undergrad Institution: Michigan State University
Major(s): Genomics and Molecular Genetics
Minor(s):
GPA in Major:
Overall GPA: 3.77
Position in Class: top 10%
Type of Student: white male

GRE Scores (revised):
Q: 155
V:167
W: 4.0

Research Experience: 1.5 years, 2 different labs. Pub in the works.

Awards/Honors/Recognitions: Honor's College

Pertinent Activities or Jobs: TA

Any Miscellaneous Accomplishments that Might Help: Military background, got Honor's degree in 3 years

Special Bonus Points: 2 recommenders are from universities I am applying to

Applying to Where: Scope my signature

Ouch I got the NYU and Berkeley MCB rejections at the same time

I am seeing several Berkeley MCB rejections; however, I have yet to be invited for an interview or rejected. There exists hope!