2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

I got invites from Cornell-Weill, Einstein,NYU and mount-sinai 

I haven't heard from Columbia,Stony Brook or cold spring harbor.

I got rejection email from Sloan-Kettering and Rockefeller.

Good luck for everyone on the interviews...

My count so far is:

Interviews at Michigan State University (Plant Biology PhD) and University of Pittsburgh (Evolution and Ecology PhD).

Assumed rejections from Stanford University (Evolution and Ecology PhD) and UC Berkeley (Integrative Biology PhD).

Nothing yet from University of Maryland CP (Behavior, Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics PhD).

To complicate matters with Berkeley, the IB web page says that if you aren't invited to the visit weekend, it does NOT mean you aren't still being considered. So after seeing that, I had to move Berkeley from my "assumed rejection" list back to my "still in the running" list. I spent a whole day there in November for an individual visit, because I was invited to spend the day at one particular lab, so maybe I'm still being considered, because it makes sense that they might not need to invite me to come back a second time. It's FAQ #9. Sorry to add this into the mix, because I know it's sometimes easier to assume you can check the university off the list as a rejection than to keep wondering whether you'll hear from them.

My count so far is:

Interviews at Michigan State University (Plant Biology PhD) and University of Pittsburgh (Evolution and Ecology PhD).

Assumed rejections from Stanford University (Evolution and Ecology PhD) and UC Berkeley (Integrative Biology PhD).

Nothing yet from University of Maryland CP (Behavior, Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics PhD).

I have not heard a peep from UMD College Park. I'm not very optimistic about them. In past years it seems they were pretty late about announcements.

Got an email from WuSTL saying that they are still reviewing apps including mine and that they will finish in the next 2 weeks. Ummmm, interviews have already started...they must've gotten a ton of applications since they can't get to everyone in time for the interviews (kinda not fair), or maybe I'm rejected but they just don't want to tell me. :( 

Got an email from WuSTL saying that they are still reviewing apps including mine and that they will finish in the next 2 weeks. Ummmm, interviews have already started...they must've gotten a ton of applications since they can't get to everyone in time for the interviews (kinda not fair), or maybe I'm rejected but they just don't want to tell me. :(

I was told the exact same things last week. I think we're the "waitlist"

Thats scary... may be Mt. Sinai applicants are not here in gradcafe. 

Re Mt. Sinai - I e-mailed them and they got back to me with this:

"

...many have already been sent out but we are still in the process of doing so."

As there are only two on the Results Search maybe not that "many" have been sent.  Just FYI for those of us waiting!

I applied to all 4 of those and waiting to hear from them.

I got invites from Cornell-Weill, Einstein,NYU and mount-sinai 

I haven't heard from Columbia,Stony Brook or cold spring harbor.

I got rejection email from Sloan-Kettering and Rockefeller.

Good luck for everyone on the interviews...

Has anybody interviewing for Dartmouth MCB received a schedule or hotel information? My initial invitation email gave the name of the hotel I'll be staying in, but I confirmed my attendance a month ago and have not received any communication since then.

Has anybody interviewing for Dartmouth MCB received a schedule or hotel information? My initial invitation email gave the name of the hotel I'll be staying in, but I confirmed my attendance a month ago and have not received any communication since then.

I'm going to the Feb 6-8 Interview but I haven't heard anything yet either. I also just confirmed a week and a half ago.

Alright, which one of you got an interview at Health Science Center San Antonio?

I submitted my application on 12/26/2014 and received an interview by email on 1/12/2014. After speaking to the assistant dean for admission, it appears that they're going to have two interview weekends: one on Feb 6-8 (which I'm attending) and Feb 20-22. I believe that they do rolling admission, so don't throw in the towel yet! Good luck:-)

Officially going to be a grad student next year! Call from Michigan State this morning offering a position in the BMS program.

Same! Congrats to both of us!!!

I submitted my application on 12/26/2014 and received an interview by email on 1/12/2014. After speaking to the assistant dean for admission, it appears that they're going to have two interview weekends: one on Feb 6-8 (which I'm attending) and Feb 20-22. I believe that they do rolling admission, so don't throw in the towel yet! Good luck:-)

Oh good.  Here's hoping for an interview!

@tcmazer: Think there's one in march as well. Don't lost hope!! @jl2872 Attending the feb 6 one as well :D

To complicate matters with Berkeley, the IB web page says that if you aren't invited to the visit weekend, it does NOT mean you aren't still being considered. So after seeing that, I had to move Berkeley from my "assumed rejection" list back to my "still in the running" list. I spent a whole day there in November for an individual visit, because I was invited to spend the day at one particular lab, so maybe I'm still being considered, because it makes sense that they might not need to invite me to come back a second time. It's FAQ #9. Sorry to add this into the mix, because I know it's sometimes easier to assume you can check the university off the list as a rejection than to keep wondering whether you'll hear from them.

That does complicate matters. I visited my POI in fall to meet him and his students. But he also said there were some funding issues with his lab, and he wouldn't know if he's taking anyone. Thanks for the heads up.

Officially going to be a grad student next year! Call from Michigan State this morning offering a position in the BMS program.

Same! Congrats to both of us!!!

Congrats guys! I unfortunately got put on the wait list. However, the email stated that the majority of students were wait listed. I wish I was accepted so my stomach could un-knot itself! 

Hope UM accepts me right away! 

@tcmazer: Think there's one in march as well. Don't lost hope!! @jl2872 Attending the feb 6 one as well :D

March?  Oh good.  I applied December 14th so I should get some sort of super early bonus right?  Right?

Also does anyone have another update on BU PiBS? I would email again but I don't want to look annoying... I know they've gotten a ton of snow so maybe that delayed them. Last Friday I was told I "shall be hearing shortly"... is a week and a half shortly? Haha.

That does complicate matters. I visited my POI in fall to meet him and his students. But he also said there were some funding issues with his lab, and he wouldn't know if he's taking anyone. Thanks for the heads up.

My situation exactly! I'm not counting on anything from Berkeley, but it was nice to know someone was interested in working with me.   :)