2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

spoke with a PI - said we will find out "in the next several weeks"

For BU PiBS? I'm so confused with them. A bunch of people got invites in December, and the interview is Feb 10th... I feel like i should just assume it's a no.

Hey,

Had anyone heard of Albert Einstein School of Medicine, University of Texas health science center at San Antonio  and University of Texas at Houston, MD anderson cancer center. I havent heard from them as of yet and it is making me nervous. 

HSC San Antonio has rolling admissions and has interviews in March, so plenty of time for them.  I don't know anything about Anderson, but Einstein has interviews on February 6-7 and 13-14, so we should be hearing back from them soon.

For BU PiBS? I'm so confused with them. A bunch of people got invites in December, and the interview is Feb 10th... I feel like i should just assume it's a no.

Well we did not get rejected from the first round so that should make you feel a bit better. I am assuming that there are more rounds, that's what was implied in the email

This is the time of year I get really nervous. I haven't gotten any interviews yet. I know two of my programs were Jan 1 or 5 and two others were Jan 15, but I've pretty much given up hope on Pitt and Florida.

Don't be so quick to give up on UF. Last year, I was notified about a week and a half before the interview. Their first one was at the very end of January, but they also had a second weekend that they did a second round of invites for later in February. I was notified on the 16th of January, and I was on their campus the 26th, and I had turned in my application pretty early. You might just be getting looked at for the second round.

Also note that they make up for the time it takes them to go through applications by having a really fast turnaround post-interview. The interview committee was meeting when we were waiting on the shuttle to the airport, and I had an e-mail informing me of my acceptance by the time I stepped off the plane!

Hey,

Had anyone heard of Albert Einstein School of Medicine, University of Texas health science center at San Antonio and University of Texas at Houston, MD anderson cancer center. I havent heard from them as of yet and it is making me nervous.

Winter storm in Houston n Galveston with freeze warning. We have a day off here. Don't expect anything this week.

Hey,

Had anyone heard of Albert Einstein School of Medicine, University of Texas health science center at San Antonio  and University of Texas at Houston, MD anderson cancer center. I havent heard from them as of yet and it is making me nervous. 

Their first interview weekend is actually next week. 

Edit: Their = Einstein

Edited by byt2104

Well we did not get rejected from the first round so that should make you feel a bit better. I am assuming that there are more rounds, that's what was implied in the email

Hi somanyphage, I applied to BU PiBS too. What do you mean by "that's what was implied in the email"? I didn't receive any email from them as of yet.

I am still so confused about Berkeley IDI as well.  What is going on with them?

I had to email them two weeks ago because my status page still said that they had not received my GRE scores. The coordinator responded that they did actually have my scores and that my application was complete, but that's all I got from that encounter. I visited the campus over the summer and talked with Teresa and she said they usually get around 100 applicants and take 5 or 6. So slim chance, but since no one has heard anything, I'm still hopeful. Do you have any idea when invites went out last year?

Also, if UW-Micro would just send out their rejections already, that would be great.