Applying for Fall 2014 Sociology?

socialequity

Agreed. It ain't over until we get an official rejection.

What other schools did you apply to? UCLA and Stanford were to be among the first of mine to notify but I wasn't expecting either until 1/31 or 2/1, based on previous years. 

What other schools did you apply to? UCLA and Stanford were to be among the first of mine to notify but I wasn't expecting either until 1/31 or 2/1, based on previous years. 

I didn't apply to UCLA but I did apply to UC Davis. I don't want to disclose where else I applied until I have answers. But essentially, I wasn't expecting to hear anything until the end of January through the middle of February like most others.

Agreed. It ain't over until we get an official rejection.

^^This!  Last year, people kept posting acceptances and rejections from a particular program... and I never heard anything.  April rolled around, and I finally got an email from the program informing me that I had been accepted (off some sort of waitlist, I suppose).  I didn't end up attending that school, but the moral of the story is that it really *isn't* over until you get an official rejection.  

I remember this anxious freak-out time last year very well... hope you are all holding up ok :)  (other than the normal "checking gradcafe/email/app status every 5 minutes" compulsion...)  Best of luck!!

^^This!  Last year, people kept posting acceptances and rejections from a particular program... and I never heard anything.  April rolled around, and I finally got an email from the program informing me that I had been accepted (off some sort of waitlist, I suppose).  I didn't end up attending that school, but the moral of the story is that it really *isn't* over until you get an official rejection.  

I remember this anxious freak-out time last year very well... hope you are all holding up ok :)  (other than the normal "checking gradcafe/email/app status every 5 minutes" compulsion...)  Best of luck!!

Thanks. This is excruciating!

amlobo thank you, thank you so much we all needed that.

And the guys who applied to UCD and UCLA, kudos for dealing and hold tight, I bet good news (not necessarily at these programs but maybe even that) is around the corner. :)

On another note, kinda glad none of my schools have had any action yet. It gives me time to pretend I didn't apply before I completely lose my sh*t.

I can't decide if I want to ban myself from these forums/the results until I have some kind of hard evidence of SOMEthing happening with my applications. I'm just driving myself mad and I can't really do anything except wait. If I'm MIA you all know why! And if I'm not back by March then send a search party.

But let's be real. We all know there's no way I'm going to be able to restrain myself. My typing fingers have a mind of their own.

I can't decide if I want to ban myself from these forums/the results until I have some kind of hard evidence of SOMEthing happening with my applications. I'm just driving myself mad and I can't really do anything except wait. If I'm MIA you all know why! And if I'm not back by March then send a search party.

But let's be real. We all know there's no way I'm going to be able to restrain myself. My typing fingers have a mind of their own.

I'm with you!

Happy to hear that I am not the only one so anxious. Slightly wishing that I didn't have a desk job for the time being. I am checking my applications every hour, on the hour. haha

lol! same here! if i were busier at work, that would help!!!

I have to write my master's thesis, which sucks! Because I don't even know what's ahead of me next year, I can't find the motivation to deal with something so trivial. I mean if I don't get a phd admission, what is a master's thesis good for? 

Is there any way to make this process go any faster?!?!!? I've been hounding my email 24/7. And nothing so far... Do I need start unpacking my books and accept that I'm staying on Guam?!?! Lol. Also, is it bad to contact the departments just to poke around to see when acceptances will be notified? I'm dying here right now.. I'm literally getting sick right because of the stress of waiting WAHHHHHH

@Pinoy, did you already check the dates for previous years for the departments you applied to? 

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=sociology&t=a&o=&pp=25

We can't REALLY start to freak out TOO bad yet .But I am feeling the same way.

Give it a few more weeks....