MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I was notified two days ago that I got an interview with SUNY Purchase, in case anyone is waiting to hear from them. I'm excited because I got rejected from there last year.

Also, I have been emailing back and forth with Syracuse, and they have asked me to formulate some questions for them, which makes me a little nervous because I'm not quite sure what to ask. Does anyone have any experience with a school asking you to bring questions to them?

I feel like I mostly just want to know what the bill is gonna look like.

Did anyone out there apply to UCONN? I'm wondering when I'm supposed to be hearing back from them.

who are the contemporary artists that inspire all of you? i'm interested in widening my scope of contemporary artists thought maybe you guys would have some great ones!

I was actually going to start a thread about this... ha.

Mine:

Lou Ros

Conor Harrington

Andy Denzler

Andrew Young

Julien Spianti

Edited by Mr.X

Not on the list for top candidates. Great to know just before spending a lot of money to travel and miss work.  :(

Hey Kelly,

That isn't sounding good. What do you mean? Did you have some more communication with them?

who are the contemporary artists that inspire all of you? i'm interested in widening my scope of contemporary artists thought maybe you guys would have some great ones!

I'm pretty taken with Dorothy Cross, Kathy Prendergast, and Jason Dodge right now.

I was actually going to start a thread about this... ha.

Mine:

Lou Ros

Conor Harrington

Andy Denzler

Andrew Young

Julien Spianti

Wait, can we start a special thread for that? It'd be cool to have the names collected instead of looking through this one? I was hoping to brush up on contemporary installation and performance artists before the fall, so this is perfect!

Wait, can we start a special thread for that? It'd be cool to have the names collected instead of looking through this one? I was hoping to brush up on contemporary installation and performance artists before the fall, so this is perfect!

Started:

I received an unofficial acceptance email from Ohio University yesterday, they said funding to follow! 

Anyone else hear anything from them? or has some insight into the school?

Congrats!

I went to Pratt for my BFA which was great. What major are you looking at for their MFA? To be honest, for their painting MFA you may be able to get a better program somewhere else for the money. I'd recommend their BFA program over the MFA.

I am going for photo.  I have also applied elsewhere.  Pratt had a really high acceptance rate so I applied.  I need to get in somewhere away from New Mexico.  So tired of the high desert.

After lurking FOREVER... I've decided to post my results (so far) here. Just to let everyone know, this forum has been invaluable to me!

I'm flying to Cranbrook for an interview on the 3rd for photography.
I'm an alternate for Alfred University.
And I got one rejection from Carnegie Mellon.

Still waiting to hear back from a few (four) others. This is my second time applying for an MFA. Last year, I heard back from no one. I armed myself with all of the information I found here, and really worked on my portfolio. I think more than anything else, NOT worrying about what schools might like and just concentrating on making/submitting work that truly expresses my viewpoint has been the key.

Now I'll be searching for information on the in-person interview process.

Best of luck everyone.