MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Does anyone know how large the MFA Studio Art program is at UCLA, or more specifically, how many they admit each year?

My understanding is that they admit 2-3 per department per year

it varies by department. there are 15 first years, 40 total give or take. sculpture, new genres, photography take 3, ID and ceramics take 1-2 (ish?) and painting is 4. if you haven't been called/emailed by now, uh...

Edited by kwonberry

it varies by department. there are 15 first years, 40 total give or take. sculpture, new genres, photography take 3, ID and ceramics take 1-2 (ish?) and painting is 4. if you haven't been called/emailed by now, uh...

Are you enrolling the program now?

Uh what? Do you know that candidates for all program areas have been called/emailed? If you do please share.

I think kwonberry was politely letting everyone know that if you haven't yet been accepted or interviewed then you are likely rejected this year. From past posts and the results page, it appears that most contact was made around 2/17 this year.

Better luck next year!

Got back from my trip to Oregon, remember my message earlier that was about my status not being part of the going to be considered for admission thing? It gets a lot worse than just disappointing news. 

I have no idea if I am going to be considered for admission during tomorrow's applicant reviews from the admission committee. Somehow my phone interview was never noticed and while I was told all the information about the in person activities from last week during my interview, I was not actually invited to it. I should have been invited, by virtue of having a phone interview and being told about the event but somehow that was never done and my interview went is unverifiable. So if the prof that interviewed me says she spoke with me last month at 12:30 on the 17th, then I may actually get reviewed tomorrow. 

This experience was quite literally a nightmare scenario for any admissions process. 

Hi,

Has anybody heard from Columbia?

I applied to new genres

Thanks

Hi pupik,

I was called last Monday for an interview, I applied to painting though the mfa program is interdisciplinary they categorize by department for the admissions process. Interviews are being held March 13th& 15th, whether those dates are just for those who applied to painting or the entire program I don't know. Good luck!

Still haven't heard jack smack from my schools (other than SCAD which is on rolling admissions). Was hoping to hear from VCU as their site says notice of acceptance by Mar. 3 for Vis Com. I guess if I were an outright no I probably would have heard...

I think kwonberry was politely letting everyone know that if you haven't yet been accepted or interviewed then you are likely rejected this year. From past posts and the results page, it appears that most contact was made around 2/17 this year.

Better luck next year!

Yes basically this. I mostly ended vague cause I don't know how much I can/can't say involving the process other than my experiences when I had applied/was accepted.

Today has been a crazy great day today!! I was accepted at Syrcause University in New York this morning with a stipend and half TA and just found out I was accepted in Print Media at Cranbrook Academy of Art ( Still figuring out funding and whatnot )!!!!

University of Arizona – Accepted, no funding

University of Texas at Austin - short waitlisted

Arizona State University – Accepted, no funding

Cranbrook Academy of Art – Accepted, Still figuring out financing 

Colorado University - rejected

Chapel Hill North Carolina 

University of Georgia - waitlisted

University of Tennessee - rejected

Syracuse University - Accepted half TAship + Stipend

Washington State University