MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

I got accepted to the three year programme at Yale! Checked my status online, no email yet. I have time till April 15 to respond, so I'm really now waiting to hear back from the other schools. But getting an offer from Yale is unbelievable - I've always been very self critical so it's a crazy amount of validation.

Hi Yellow Magnet,

I applied to photo mfa in SAIC but I know that sculpture and photo interviews are on the same day. Does the email mean accepted?

I really don't know Shoaceptual, did you only apply and interview to the SAIC photo program? Then maybe. Only an offer letter/phone call/ web portal/email confirming 'acceptance' is a true confirmation. It's possible that we have an acceptance, but financial aid sent out their notification before the letter from the department came. If that fin aid packet comes in the mail before any word from your department, it might have acceptance info in there.

But for me it's possible that that email pertained to my other acceptance in art admin instead if sculpture.

Edited by Yellow Magnet

I got accepted to the three year programme at Yale! Checked my status online, no email yet. I have time till April 15 to respond, so I'm really now waiting to hear back from the other schools. But getting an offer from Yale is unbelievable - I've always been very self critical so it's a crazy amount of validation.

Congrats on the Yale acceptance!

I did a phone interview from UCLA Photo program on 2/19 and it has been more than two weeks without hearing anything back... Does it mean rejection? I am extremely anxious right now...

I would give Caron a call. I had a call from faculty a few years ago and didn't hear back for a week so I called to find out I was waitlisted. Never got off the waitlist, applied the following year with no luck there. A year after that, I was waitlisted again without receiving a phone call from faculty.

It never hurts to call administration with questions.

Rejected from Hunter! Accepted into Temple! They want me to decide in two weeks. I've asked for an extension. I feel like I need to roadtrip up there before I can make the final decision. So far deciding between OSU and Temple. I'm still waiting to hear back from MICA, VCU, Boston, Purchase, and the U of M. kasdhkajshdj. 

Can anyone shed light on this paragraph out of my letter from OSU? I'm trying to get a clear picture of what they are offering. 

"In addition to your monthly pay stipend, you will receive the benefit of fee

authorization waiving resident or nonresident instructional fees and tuition for autumn

and spring semesters. By completing two consecutive semesters (autumn & spring) as

a G.T.A. during an academic year, you also receive an automatic (summer) tuition

waiver."

Rejected from Hunter! Accepted into Temple! They want me to decide in two weeks. I've asked for an extension. I feel like I need to roadtrip up there before I can make the final decision. So far deciding between OSU and Temple. I'm still waiting to hear back from MICA, VCU, Boston, Purchase, and the U of M. kasdhkajshdj. 

Can anyone shed light on this paragraph out of my letter from OSU? I'm trying to get a clear picture of what they are offering. 

authorization waiving resident or nonresident instructional fees and tuition for autumn

and spring semesters. By completing two consecutive semesters (autumn & spring) as

a G.T.A. during an academic year, you also receive an automatic (summer) tuition

waiver."

It looks like you have a tuition waver with stipend and they are offering a summer tuition waiver?  I would just call OSU to talk to someone.  

I still am waiting to hear from OSU, sculpture said that they do not interview and notifications will go out soon. 

waiver."

hey, did you apply to u of michigan? have you heard anything or interviewed?  I havent heard anything

Ok dumb question coming...

Is it standard for schools to offer funding with the acceptance letter or do they sometimes follow up later?  My acceptances did not come with any mention of funding so does that mean there is no funding? What is the best way to ask about funding at schools you have been accepted to? I emailed one school a week ago on the topic as tactfully as I could and have not heard back...silence. I know all schools are a little different but I don't know with whom or how to approach the issue. 

Hey guys! :)

I applied for MFA Graphic design MICA, Cal arts, and CCA

Does anyone get a final result from these schools?

I heard that can get the result on 14th from MICA. But I don't have any idea about other schools.

If anyone get, let me know!:))

I just got a rejection letter from yale but they are asking that if I want to be on the waiting list, they can put on should there be an opening. Is there any need asking them to put me on waiting list?

yes

i know someone who went from wait list to accepted. you may wait a long time but if you want to go there it is worth a shot.

so you guys who have received acceptance decisions from SAIC (congrats!)  - have you received calls/other from department or from admissions office? 

im sort of dying 

I would give Caron a call. I had a call from faculty a few years ago and didn't hear back for a week so I called to find out I was waitlisted. Never got off the waitlist, applied the following year with no luck there. A year after that, I was waitlisted again without receiving a phone call from faculty.

It never hurts to call administration with questions.

Thanks Lenore. Did you get in for the third year? I really tend to believe if they accepted me, they would call me much earlier.

Hey Y'all! 

How are you logging into the cca portal? I get the instructions, but where to do you find your "id number"? And is the mmddyy your birthday? Tried a few different combinations but nothings working for me..

Thanks!!

NVM I figured it out, "Application under review". Feels like a bad sign.... 

Anyone done this who applied for Photo at CCA? 

Thanks for posting Yellow Magnet!! That login procedure worked perfect for me too! Mine also says "congratulations- Admitted" no financial aid informatino either.  I can't believe it.  I applied in past years and didn't get in anywhere so I am feeling very relieved today finally.  Yellow Magnet, did you get any emails regarding an "award letter" from SAIC being mailed to you ( I haven't recieved anything re: acceptance and I tried calling today and all they could say were that decision and award letters are in transit). 

San Jose State: Accepted 2/22 via phone

OTIS: Accepted 2/25 via postal service + 10,000 scholarship

SFAI: notified by email 1/29 for 2/22 interview, accepted 3/6/14 via email

CCA: notified by email 2/5 for 2/33 interview, accepted 3/4/14 had to log on to online portal with instructions above

SAIC: notified 2/4 by email for 3/1 interview

Yale: Rejected 1/31 via email and online application site

Hunter: rejected 3/3 via email 

UCLA: Assumed rejected

USC: Assumed ryejected

UC Berkeley:

Claremont:

Edited by oakchild

yes

i know someone who went from wait list to accepted. you may wait a long time but if you want to go there it is worth a shot.

Thank you. I will accept the wait-list offer in that case. they said they will be sure by 1st of may, thats quite a long time!

^as in, I know it's month/day/year but which month/day/year? Birthday? Current date? I've tried a few but they didn't work..

It's your birthday. What got me is that your id is from the email that confirmed your application was received---not the id# from your application receipt.

Thanks Lenore. Did you get in for the third year? I really tend to believe if they accepted me, they would call me much earlier.

No, still did not get in after the second time waitlist. Best of luck to you.

waiver."

Hey congrats!!!!  Tyler has an AMAZING program and brand new facilities and studios in a really amazing city.  just sayin. You might want to check with them about finances, but they usually also offer to pay tuition while you TA and give you a stipend.  Most of the painting grads would do that 2 or 3 out of 4 semesters.

I got a call from Mills last night, but was watching a movie and had my phone on silent. Samara Halperin left a message to give her a call, but didn't say whether or not it was for an interview or if I have been accepted. I tried calling her back, but she didn't answer. Quite excited about this prospect!