NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

Lol some kid said he got the grfp on the results page today.

That's seriously impressive. He must have been an incredibly qualified applicant, far superior than any other GRFP applicant. Not going to lie, I still checked fastlane. Hangs head in shame. 

Edited by BioBum

The first round of emails sent out at 5:30 P.M (central time today)

I just got my acceptance letter! Thank you GOD!

So blessed  :D

"Dear fellow" OMG screamed out loud  :P

I feel like i just won the lottery

Good luck guys/gals

No one believes you dude...lol

I'm a first timer, so i'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work. If people are actually getting emails, is it safe to say this is a large break from historical precedent?

I'm pretty sure NSF_WEINER is joking (as obviously it's a fake account with only one post). Har Har

But also, where are people claiming this?

Edited by mdog3000

a couple of people claiming that they have won in the last few hours. Is it happening?  :blink:

I doubt it, it would be very out of the ordinary for NSF to notify this way. 

All past sources indicate that the first thing that happens is that the fastlane site goes down for "maintenance". When the site goes live again, the results are posted here https://www.fastlane...loadAwardeeList. Usually the website goes down at some awful hour in the morning, I've seen 2 - 5 AM EST as favorites. The other option is to wait until NSF emails the decision later that day. 

It would be very unorthodox for notifications to be sent out this way. Just my two cents.   

Edited by BioBum

All past sources indicate that the first thing that happens is that the fastlane site goes down for "maintenance". When the site goes live again, the results are posted here (https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do). Usually the website goes down at some awful hour in the morning, I've seen 2 - 5 AM EST as favorites. The other option is to wait until NSF emails the decision later that day. 

It would be very unorthodox for notifications to be sent out this way. Just my two cents.   

Just so no one freaks out: the correct link is https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do?method=loadAwardeeList and it is, as of this post, NOT down. The link by BioBum is missing a command and the script doesn't have a way to handle it, hence the error.

That's seriously impressive. He must have been an incredibly qualified applicant, far superior than any other GRFP applicant. Not going to lie, I still checked fastlane. Hangs head in shame. 

I checked as well =(

All past sources indicate that the first thing that happens is that the fastlane site goes down for "maintenance". When the site goes live again, the results are posted here (https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do). Usually the website goes down at some awful hour in the morning, I've seen 2 - 5 AM EST as favorites. The other option is to wait until NSF emails the decision later that day. 

It does not surprise me, they did do the application process differently this year. Maybe, they changed the notification process as well. Still holding out hope for the best.

Congrats to all the winners!

Just so no one freaks out: the correct link is https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/AwardeeList.do?method=loadAwardeeList and it is, as of this post, NOT down. The link by BioBum is missing a command and the script doesn't have a way to handle it, hence the error.

Sorry guys! 

Thanks jmu for fixing it. 

Certainly didn't want to be responsible for a meltdown on here. 

Edited by BioBum

So many trolls...

So many dumb people...

It does not surprise me, they did do the application process differently this year. Maybe, they changed the notification process as well. Still holding out hope for the best.

Congrats to all the winners!

Lol.

So many dumb people...

Lol.

First the "additional 1 pg statement" hoax and now this?  What good does lying do for these people?  Maybe they get some sort of weird joy from seeing all these other people freak out, I guess.

First the "additional 1 pg statement" hoax and now this?  What good does lying do for these people?  Maybe they get some sort of weird joy from seeing all these other people freak out, I guess.

I think people enjoy watching others freak out. It did drum up some excitement on this page.