Comp Lit thread for Fall '14

So Michigan apparently wants to torture people. In the Wolverine system is a new link "View Decision" and I clicked on it. And then it only says "A decision has been made. Your department will contact you with the decision."

Seriously? Seriously?! SERIOUSLY?!

So Michigan apparently wants to torture people. In the Wolverine system is a new link "View Decision" and I clicked on it. And then it only says "A decision has been made. Your department will contact you with the decision."

That's crazy!!! 

helloo it is the same with me... if you have any news please let me know! it is my first choice!

Just got an email acceptance from Irvine... :) Nearly a week after the first post on the results board. So, don't lose hope! 

Congratulations! It's good to know that, since I'm still waiting to hear from Northwestern while 2 acceptances went out almost a week ago. I'll probbaly hear back tomorrow, hopefully good news. 

Congratulations! It's good to know that, since I'm still waiting to hear from Northwestern while 2 acceptances went out almost a week ago. I'll probbaly hear back tomorrow, hopefully good news. 

still nothing from Northwestern eh? I am also waiting an answer..

helloo it is the same with me... if you have any news please let me know! it is my first choice!

Oh, wow, we're all each other's competition!   How freakish.  Yes, the wolverine has taken torture to a WHOLE new level.

I feel like my acceptance chances are Incredibly Slim. Said feeling is enhanced by the lack of interview! I'm a final semester undergrad, from an alternative private college that I thought might help my app...but looking back my statement of purpose is SO purposeless. *Sigh*

I feel like my acceptance chances are Incredibly Slim. Said feeling is enhanced by the lack of interview! I'm a final semester undergrad, from an alternative private college that I thought might help my app...but looking back my statement of purpose is SO purposeless. *Sigh*

I thought they didn't make a habit of interviewing applicants...

still nothing from Northwestern eh? I am also waiting an answer..

They said final decisions will be done by the end of this week, so keep your fingers crossed. What is your concentration? Are you international? Only a couple people in this forum applied to Northwestern, it sucks not to have any information. I hope this ends soon.

I thought they didn't make a habit of interviewing applicants...

i agree with cbttcher.

also i checked the results from grad cafe and today the UMich has sent so many letters of rejection i cannot even count them... I am really disappointed now!

They said final decisions will be done by the end of this week, so keep your fingers crossed. What is your concentration? Are you international? Only a couple people in this forum applied to Northwestern, it sucks not to have any information. I hope this ends soon.

by the end of this week? so this means today or tomorrow? I am an international student and i am hoping for the best.... i will not be able to sleep well tonight! how about you? stress? devastation? happiness joy?

Stress of course. I've been unable to sleep since I saw two acceptances posted on the board last week. I check my e-mail every 5 minutes. I'm an international too and I applied to the MENA cluster. Did you choose to be affiliated to any clusters?

i chose classics and english... i also check my e-mail (if i could) every minute! are you sure you saw 2 acceptances? i just saw one as far as Com. Lit. is concerned..

Stress of course. I've been unable to sleep since I saw two acceptances posted on the board last week. I check my e-mail every 5 minutes. I'm an international too and I applied to the MENA cluster. Did you choose to be affiliated to any clusters?

oh yes.. you are right..i just saw the second one and made my night even worse!

i agree with cbttcher.

also i checked the results from grad cafe and today the UMich has sent so many letters of rejection i cannot even count them... I am really disappointed now!

Michigan holds an unofficial wait list until the very last person has accepted. Often this doesn't happen until early April. But they do send out rejections, so if you haven't received one you're still in the running.

Michigan holds an unofficial wait list until the very last person has accepted. Often this doesn't happen until early April. But they do send out rejections, so if you haven't received one you're still in the running.

that's comforting... i think i am gonna start biting my nails at some point!

where did you apply?

I applied around New York City for 8 schools and I am now checking the website of Cornell because I want to email the department. According to last year, they told ppl results today, valentines day. I also get impatient about others and I think the sooner I know I am rejected the better for me

where did you apply?

I applied around New York City for 8 schools and I am now checking the website of Cornell because I want to email the department. According to last year, they told ppl results today, valentines day. I also get impatient about others and I think the sooner I know I am rejected the better for me