Comp Lit thread for Fall '14

No, don't worry. Stress has been there since submission of applications. I'm happy for you and who knows, maybe we'll be colleagues one day :)

actually i think i will start worrying about the Oregon and the Northwestern! no news at all!

so i am checking the results board and i think there is almost a silence for the last couple of days... is it the silence before the storm? I wonder...

Well... I think yesterday was a holiday in the US. 

Just realized one if my status is incomplete. GRE scores not received. But I paid for everything and got feedback from ETS! Gonna call Stanford. I know the list is closed, but still, I guess the committee never reviewed my app. Close to break.

I've been worried about Northwestern since the last week of Jan. And I'm fed up, I don't know how hard it is to judge if a person is accepted or not!

if you have any news either from Northwestern or Oregon please let me know! I cannot handle waiting that good!ggrrr

Edited by atere

Maybe someone here knows about CUNY Binghamton's Comp Lit program???

I was accepted for the Master's program, though applied for Phd (as an undergrad senior).

Heard about its reputation regarding funding, academics, vibes...?

"An admissions decision has not yet been rendered", will this ever change??? I'm very close to sending Northwestern an e-mail asking them to disregard my application and forget that I've applied there!

hahahaha! i was checking my application status too and i got the same message! i was thinking to my self: ok  it cannot be that difficult to change the status!!! do you think they will send sth via postal service?

do you think we should send an e-mail?

Edited by atere

"An admissions decision has not yet been rendered", will this ever change??? I'm very close to sending Northwestern an e-mail asking them to disregard my application and forget that I've applied there!

well i am rejected from Northwestern :(! Damn another rejection! through website! good luck to you though!

Edited by atere

Well, I  knew it was a rejection for me too since I didn't get any e-mails. It was expected though, but still hurts!

totally agree :(! so let's wait for Oregon.... but i think it is a rejection for me too!

Edited by atere

Well, I just e-mailed Oregon. She replied right away telling me that decisions will be done by the end of Feb. I hope she is not saying this while she knows that I'm rejected already. I hate that...

when i contacted them, like two months ago to ask them sth about my transcripts, they replied really really fast! ok so we wait again!! maybe they have a second round of admissions! about UC Davis ... I hope it is for the best!!take a deep breath and wait also...

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone's still out there... Have you applied/heard from UMass Amherst for CompLit?? It's been more than 3 months since the app closed, I'm pining for communication!

If anyone's still out there... Have you applied/heard from UMass Amherst for CompLit?? It's been more than 3 months since the app closed, I'm pining for communication!

I'm waiting to hear from them too.