Comp Lit thread for Fall '14

I applied around New York City for 8 schools and I am now checking the website of Cornell because I want to email the department. According to last year, they told ppl results today, valentines day. I also get impatient about others and I think the sooner I know I am rejected the better for me

I honestly would advise against contacting them already based on last year's results. You'll honestly find out soon enough. I know it's hard to wait but I wouldn't contact them right now.

I like your "positive thinking"! but i have the same opinion!

U know, I just emailed Stanford. I said I know it is pretty much an implied rejection but I would like to know when it is going to come out...

I really want to do the same thing to NYU and Yale.

I am about to email Harvard and I already asked Syracuse what their opinion of "fit" is......

Somebody should lock me in or something..... It is one of the biggest festival in China today but I feel so down .....

I honestly would advise against contacting them already based on last year's results. You'll honestly find out soon enough. I know it's hard to wait but I wouldn't contact them right now.

Ok. Advise taken. It's Friday night. I will just go out and try to forget about it

Ok. Advise taken. It's Friday night. I will just go out and try to forget about it

go out!! have fun!! in Europe, Friday has just started!! :) damn different time zones! in the USA it is still late Thursday night!

go out!! have fun!! in Europe, Friday has just started!! :) damn different time zones! in the USA it is still late Thursday night!

Already am! 11:02 pm in Beijing now. Sitting in a restaurant eating hot pot and afterwards into a club. Just not very much in the party mood.

I got an unofficial acceptance from Oregon last night/ this morning. The DGS said the actual offer letter would come sometime next week along with details of funding. 

Good luck! 

Great news then :) i hope this doesnot mean a rejection for me :(

did you send an e-mail and ask them?or did they contact you first?

they contacted me...  but I'm an international student.. (I don't know if that has an impact). I hope you get in too. :) 

I got an unofficial acceptance from Oregon last night/ this morning. The DGS said the actual offer letter would come sometime next week along with details of funding. 

Good luck! 

Congratulations! Are you talking about Oregon Comp Lit? It's been only a month since the deadline, I wasn't expect to hear back so soon. I've been waiting for Northwestern (they said they'll be finished by the end of this week, which is yesterday). I'm bored of waiting, really.

Congratulations! Are you talking about Oregon Comp Lit? It's been only a month since the deadline, I wasn't expect to hear back so soon. I've been waiting for Northwestern (they said they'll be finished by the end of this week, which is yesterday). I'm bored of waiting, really

Notification of decisions: Candidates will typcially be notified of decisions by February 28, this is from the website

Notification of decisions: Candidates will typcially be notified of decisions by February 28, this is from the website

Exactly, I saw this information before and that's why it feels strange to notify that early. You know, in terms of notifying applicants, Feb 28 is never close to Feb 15. it's frustrating now to wait until forever, every day expecting to hear something  :angry: 

Exactly, I saw this information before and that's why it feels strange to notify that early. You know, in terms of notifying applicants, Feb 28 is never close to Feb 15. it's frustrating now to wait until forever, every day expecting to hear something  :angry:

i feel the same so you are not alone here!! the thing is that after i saw the acceptance, I feel almost devastated!! i got three rejections so far and I am too close to depression! did you have any news from the universities you applied except Oregon and Northwestern?

I only applied to 3 programs, and Northwestern was the one with the earliest deadline. I'm very closed to depression too cuz Northwestern notified 2 acceptances on the 7th and the 8th, and when I e-mailed them they said the rest will come in a week and of course nothing happened until now. That's why I was shocked to know that Oregon started notifying. I've had enough waiting for NU for almost 10 days now. So, I hope we both at least have one acceptance. This is my 2nd round of apps, so I'm not ready to do this again!

Now that's the spirit!  

For some reason it seems that I only got in to all the European schools...I've been rejected from Michigan and Cornell, so far, and it's definitely given me a taste of inferiority complex... I definitely like the idea of a "round two", coming back older and wiser, if not severely scarred...