Fall 2014 MSW Applications

U-M_Detroiter

This is for the 2 year program

Awesome, congrats! Would you mind providing some stats and do you feel like your interview went really well? I am still waiting on hearing back from them. I would prefer if they just let me know they aren't considering me so I can send my acceptance to another school!

Awesome, congrats! Would you mind providing some stats and do you feel like your interview went really well? I am still waiting on hearing back from them. I would prefer if they just let me know they aren't considering me so I can send my acceptance to another school!

Sent you a private message :)

Wait listed for San Diego State 2 year direct practice. My only option is to stay in the San Diego area, so I'm hoping for the best! Anyone else wait listed or not planning on accepting? Please let me know!

Congrats! UW has an awesome program! 

Thank you!  I'm so excited, I was rejected last year so it's awesome that after a year of hard work I turned things around!

Congrats on UofM!  I'm from Michigan and have always heard amazing things about their program too!

Thank you!  I'm so excited, I was rejected last year so it's awesome that after a year of hard work I turned things around!

Congrats on UofM!  I'm from Michigan and have always heard amazing things about their program too!

Thanks! I was very close to applying to UW because of their dual MSU/MPH program (and I've always wanted to live in Seattle) but decided against paying out of state tuition.  

Thanks! I was very close to applying to UW because of their dual MSU/MPH program (and I've always wanted to live in Seattle) but decided against paying out of state tuition.  

Yea, that's probably a smart choice.  I'm actually thankful I didn't get in last year, we moved up here this past September anyway and now by the time I start in the fall I'll qualify for in state tuition!  

Hi everyone!

I have been hanging around looking at posts and thought I would say hey and see if there's anyone to commiserate with!
I'm still waiting to hear back from UIC.  From what I've read UIC is notoriously slow.  I feel pretty confident that I'll get in because I do have a pretty good GPA -- 3.59, some relevant volunteer experience and a Psychology degree from UIC.  I think I wrote a darn good personal statement too. 

But I do get myself into a panic every once in a while.  So I just thought I'd see what anyone else's experience has been with UIC.  I read somewhere that the acceptance rate is 77% which makes me feel pretty hopeful.  Has anyone heard back from UIC yet? Or applied in the past?

Thanks!

Hello!

I'm brand new to this site.

I applied to the MSW program at Virginia Commonwealth University in January (full time, clinical, regular standing, to start this fall). Has anyone else applied or heard back from VCU? It's my first, and only, choice.

They said we'd hear back by May 1, but I feel like that's so late. Especially since I feel like everyone else (other schools) have heard back.

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!!

Hi all,

I applied to:

CSULA -- 11/2013

USC -- 12/2013

CSULB -- 12/2013

CSUDH -- 12/2013

CSUN -- 1/2014

CSUSB -- 2/2014

CSUF -- 2/2014

So far I have been accepted to CSULA  (2/28) , USC  (3/5), CSUSB (3/21) ,received a phone call and email from CSUN (3/10) for an interview but declined since I have been accepted to CSULA already, and I also got an email from CSULB (2/2014) that I have been placed in their pending list.

I would love to go to USC but will not get myself in that much debt knowing how much this field pays. Long Beach is my first choice (still being hopeful) CSULA is 2nd choice and have already sent my acceptance package to the department.

B.A in Sociology. Cumulative GPA: 3.0.  Last 90 quarters GPA: 3.3.   I have 1 year of volunteer experience, and 1 year paid experience in the field.

Good Luck to everyone!

Hi,

I too am still waiting to hear from UIC. My app was completed Jan 17. I just noticed last week that all my application items were finally checked verified so I'm hoping they make a decision soon. Best of luck!

Hi everyone!

I have been hanging around looking at posts and thought I would say hey and see if there's anyone to commiserate with!
I'm still waiting to hear back from UIC.  From what I've read UIC is notoriously slow.  I feel pretty confident that I'll get in because I do have a pretty good GPA -- 3.59, some relevant volunteer experience and a Psychology degree from UIC.  I think I wrote a darn good personal statement too. 

But I do get myself into a panic every once in a while.  So I just thought I'd see what anyone else's experience has been with UIC.  I read somewhere that the acceptance rate is 77% which makes me feel pretty hopeful.  Has anyone heard back from UIC yet? Or applied in the past?

Thanks!

Has anyone received a financial aid award before their admission decision? A few days ago my online account posted my financial aid award of a grant and a loan. However, when I emailed the SW department asking if this was related to their admission decision they said they would contact me soon.

Has anyone received a financial aid award before their admission decision? A few days ago my online account posted my financial aid award of a grant and a loan. However, when I emailed the SW department asking if this was related to their admission decision they said they would contact me soon.

Last year I received my financial aid award from SFSU a few weeks before I got my official rejection.  Sometimes, the FA dept. runs faster. 

Thanks A_SouthWest, that's depressing but at least I know that's an option. How messed up is that, you get offered free money only to get rejected by the department ha?! Did you apply to SFSU again this year? What other CA programs did you apply to? Good luck!

Just curious, has anyone heard back from Denver, Columbia, or UCONN? Denver has told me that the decisions should be made soon! I am anxiously waiting, and it is almost unbearable!!!!! Also, does anyone know anyone that attends those schools? If I got in, it would be a tough call! Any opinion would help! 

SADLY, I have yet to hear from UConn! Hopefully I hear something soon.