Applying for Neuroscience/Neurobiology Ph.D. programs for Fall 2014

RetJitter

Hey all! Anyone received news from UCLA? 

I interviewed with them Feb 22-24.  They said that we would receive word by the end of next week at the latest.  Hope that helps!

Hey all! Anyone received news from UCLA? 

Nada, i think it'll probably be by mid march too :( i don't like waiting haha

I interviewed with them Feb 22-24.  They said that we would receive word by the end of next week at the latest.  Hope that helps!

I got an email from them today, interviewed feb 22-24 as well. It was from Michael Levine and was addressed to me, but definitely with the structure of a mass email. Hope you guys have one sitting in your inbox or one on its way!

I have developed interest for a different lab under a professor who joined after the application deadline and hence I could not mention him in my essay. I am interviewing with the prof mentioned in the essay but I am less inclined on it after learning more about his work. Some of the things weren't mentioned clearly on website. How should I mention this in grad school interviews without jeopardizing my admission?

I have developed interest for a different lab under a professor who joined after the application deadline and hence I could not mention him in my essay. I am interviewing with the prof mentioned in the essay but I am less inclined on it after learning more about his work. Some of the things weren't mentioned clearly on website. How should I mention this in grad school interviews without jeopardizing my admission?

Does the program have rotations?

I got an email from them today, interviewed feb 22-24 as well. It was from Michael Levine and was addressed to me, but definitely with the structure of a mass email. Hope you guys have one sitting in your inbox or one on its way!

Congrats on the acceptance! Unfortunately I've got nothing. :( UCLA's my first choice right now, so I'll keep on hoping.

Congrats on the acceptance! Unfortunately I've got nothing. :( UCLA's my first choice right now, so I'll keep on hoping.

I don't know if this is comforting or not, but I haven't heard anything either, and I felt like I had a very good interview.  They said they will accept around 70% of those who interviewed, so I think there are most likely more invites to go out!

The attached letter itself was dated feb 28th so maybe they are slow on sending them out. My fingers are crossed for you

this is my first choice too, and i was at the 22-24 interview. i hope they are going to send more tomorrow!! :(

Does the program have rotations?

Unfortunately, no. Lack of clear information on the website before application has led to this confusion. I really want to get in the program, but I am not keen on the experimental technique the lab uses.

Has anyone heard from the Baylor College of Medicine? Already interviewed, but I'm really worried about the ratio of acceptance. Does anyone know something about this?

Also is there anyone hearing from Penn State Uni's second round interview?

Thanks and big cong to buddies already having offers!!

Has anyone heard from the Baylor College of Medicine? Already interviewed, but I'm really worried about the ratio of acceptance. Does anyone know something about this?

Also is there anyone hearing from Penn State Uni's second round interview?

Thanks and big cong to buddies already having offers!!

I heard back from Baylor the Monday after I interviewed, but I'm not sure if all invites were sent out. 

RE: UCLA,

I interviewed Feb 8-10, they told us we'd all hear back within 2-3 weeks; today is 21 days later, still nothing. BUT.. I do know a handful of people got acceptances from that weekend on Friday Feb 20, and it sounds like some people heard back quickly from the 20-22 weekend too. They said they'd be accepting 60-70%, so I can't imagine they're done sending out acceptances yet.

RE: UT Austin

It looks like admissions decisions are available online on the application site with a letter from the dean, but no email or call from the program as of yet.

The attached letter itself was dated feb 28th so maybe they are slow on sending them out. My fingers are crossed for you!

I don't know if this is comforting or not, but I haven't heard anything either, and I felt like I had a very good interview.  They said they will accept around 70% of those who interviewed, so I think there are most likely more invites to go out!

this is my first choice too, and i was at the 22-24 interview. i hope they are going to send more tomorrow!! :(

I haven't received word yet either from UCLA and was at the earlier date along with emguth.  With that many yet to hear, surely more acceptances are still on the way! 

Imitosis, can I ask what your name is?  I'm sure I must've met you if you were at Vanderbilt as well. I'm Elliot, btw. 

Zeph22, I am also still waiting to hear from BU's Neuroscience program.

I am also waiting to hear from BU, but the website says that the interview begins today....

Edited by NeuroPhysicist