SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship/CGS Doctoral Scholarship 2014-2015

Konstantin

Does anybody here know if it is possible to get a duplicate copy of a letter sent to a different address than one's main university address? Am out of town for a while. I've emailed them two weeks ago to enquire but (of course) no reply. They must be as busy as I am ;-).....

Does anybody here know if it is possible to get a duplicate copy of a letter sent to a different address than one's main university address? Am out of town for a while. I've emailed them two weeks ago to enquire but (of course) no reply. They must be as busy as I am ;-).....

I'm not sure if they would send you a duplicate, but if you email them at fellowships@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca, they'll change your address they have on file. 2 weeks is quite a long time for them to reply, so I'd email them again just to follow-up. In my communications with them, they have always acknowledged receipts of my emails.

Just to keep this thread up! Guys, we are almost there.

With SSHRC waiting/results and comps, April looks like it might just be the most stressful month EVER. Although if both work out, then it could be the best :D

A quick note that at my university, the deadline for Ph.D. NSERC was about 19 days earlier than for SSHRC (Sept 30 vs. Oct 19th). Is anyone else aware of the deadlines for NSERC and SSHRC at other universities? I'm trying to estimate whether the variations in application deadlines might indicate a possible date that we could expect to receive SSHRC results.

Talked with my GDA and GPD today and they are expecting end of April, as per usual.

You know it's interesting that my university released an announcement last week that all Tri-Council applicants should expect results end of April, yet NSERC applicants appear to be receiving their letters now.

http://gradstudents.carleton.ca/2014/award-announcement-information/

Maybe other schools are more informed!

Checked last year's threads, and it looks like SSHRC applicants received their results a full 4 weeks after NSERC applicants...if the same thing happens this year, it puts us at the end of April as originally forecasted.

Checked last year's threads, and it looks like SSHRC applicants received their results a full 4 weeks after NSERC applicants...if the same thing happens this year, it puts us at the end of April as originally forecasted.

Yeah, I'm banking on the end of April, but I still think it's possible that the online system for NSERC and CIHR Doctoral and Masters applications will speed things up a bit for us.

Email from SSHRC:

Thank you for your email.

The Doctoral Awards competition is still in progress. The results of the competition will be mailed around mid to end of April 2014.

If your mailing address has changed, please inform us as soon as possible so that we may keep your file up to date.

Sincerely,

Thanks for following up crimsoc. It looks like my prediction of April 16th/17th would be correct.

We're almost there folks. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for following up crimsoc. It looks like my prediction of April 16th/17th would be correct.

We're almost there folks. Good luck to everyone.

Ditto. We are now officially within a few weeks' range of receiving results. Sending out good vibes to all y'all.

Just remembered that I'm going to be out of town for the 3rd week of April.  Debating whether I should appoint someone to come and open the letter for me if it arrives during that time, or whether I should just wait. Last year, when I won the MA SSHRC, I received an email from my school's graduate awards assistant.  Not sure whether I can expect the same this year, since I will be switching schools for the PhD.  

I hear you Macavity, I am away from the 12-19th with very little access to internet and absolutely no access to my mailbox! So I guess I will not be finding out until at least the 20th even if we get the notification earlier than last year.

Going to be a long trip, I think.

EDIT: Konstantin, do you know if your department emails successful students before notification from SSHRC? You seem to have a lot of knowledge of the process form years past.

Edited by bentharbour

Email from SSHRC:

Thank you for your email.

The Doctoral Awards competition is still in progress. The results of the competition will be mailed around mid to end of April 2014.

If your mailing address has changed, please inform us as soon as possible so that we may keep your file up to date.

Sincerely,

Thanks for asking them! Four weeks at most until we know. Good luck everyone :)

This is for the VANIER CGS. I asked about an address change and here's what they added: "Note that results will be posted to ResearchNet on March 31, 2014." Good luck to all other Vanier/SSHRC applicants!

Thanks for that info! I was reading all the SSHRC posts and wondering if we'd have to wait even longer for Vanier.

Best of luck to everyone!

I hear you Macavity, I am away from the 12-19th with very little access to internet and absolutely no access to my mailbox! So I guess I will not be finding out until at least the 20th even if we get the notification earlier than last year.

Going to be a long trip, I think.

EDIT: Konstantin, do you know if your department emails successful students before notification from SSHRC? You seem to have a lot of knowledge of the process form years past.

I can ask the grad chair in my department next week -- will report back! I'm almost certain that the departments know a lot sooner than the students.

Thanks for that info! I was reading all the SSHRC posts and wondering if we'd have to wait even longer for Vanier.

Best of luck to everyone!

I saw the timeline for the Vanier results at http://www.vanier.gc.ca/eng/international_students-etudiants_etrangers.aspx

Looks like it has been March 31st all along!

I saw the timeline for the Vanier results at http://www.vanier.gc.ca/eng/international_students-etudiants_etrangers.aspx

Looks like it has been March 31st all along!

I could swear that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago! I think it only said something general like "April", with no specific date.

But, perhaps I'm wrong...

I could swear that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago! I think it only said something general like "April", with no specific date.

But, perhaps I'm wrong...

Even better -- the Vanier beat its own deadline!