Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

congrats Daykid!  looks like a lot of programs are starting to respond.  I have it on good measure that my first choice meets jan. 31 for the initial vetting of applicants, followed shortly after by department meetings..

Which school meets on the 31st?  Gotta get that gossip going. :)

I just randomly checked the UT Austin website and it says I'm admitted!!!! I don't have any funding info yet. I still have a call with the 3 POIs on thursday so, I guess that is what we will be talking about! STOKED!

That's amazing!!! Congratulations! 

Congratulations to everyone with good news!!! Yay!! Based on a brief results search, it appears that schools are notifying within a day or two of when they did last year. (I checked Emory, Illinois, and WashU). UT Austin was a week earlier than last year. But basically schools seem to stay consistent, it seems. Exciting times!!!

Hey daykid, I sent you a PM! No, I haven't heard. I thought I was being ridiculous my application statuses for various schools thinking, surely they know how tormented I am by this waiting and any department would let me know before updating the website, but your post has given me renewed hope in checking application websites, so there goes the next half hour…

Edited by NoSleepTilBreuckelen

Hey guys, I hope to do a little more posting now that results are starting to pour in...

Some points of interest on my end:

- My Stanford application still reads that I haven't submitted official transcripts, despite a few e-mails (that went unanswered). My status reads "marked complete for reviewing purposes," so I suppose that's okay. Based on previous GradCafe threads, this seems to be a trend. Anyone else in this boat?

- My UCLA (Cotsen Institute) decision page has... changed. I'm no longer able to click on my application for details. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but this could mean the reviewing process has started?

That's it for now, I think. Happy thoughts, everyone!

Quick side note: Forsaken in LA, we both have John Goodman as avatars. That is neat.

Edited by xstopfloating

Hey daykid, I sent you a PM! No, I haven't heard. I thought I was being ridiculous my application statuses for various schools thinking, surely they know how tormented I am by this waiting and any department would let me know before updating the website, but your post has given me renewed hope in checking application websites, so there goes the next half hour…

I'm sorry!!! If it helps, I got the official email a few hours later from the department and then an email from the graduate school to check the website that evening.

Letmein14 - I have no idea about Yale but I was told that Harvard will be meeting at the end of this month. I was given the impression that admissions are determined more by individual professors as opposed to a whole admissions committee. The person I spoke with didn't know exactly when admissions notifications will be sent out but I'm assuming it will be around mid-February.

Letmein14 - I spoke with a professor from Harvard at the beginning of this month and he already had a copy of my application. I don't know if the whole department had already started looking at applications or if he decided to on his own accord, but I know they've all had access to our applications since the end of December.