Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Aww I'm sorry to the person who didn't get into University of SC. Sending you good vibes and hopes you get in elsewhere.

Edited by sarab

Hey :)  Congratulations on the new acceptances!

Anyone else get an email from Virginia today? It was very nice, brief and about a recruitment weekend... and this is after an hour videochat interview, but still I am going to assume since the email didn't specify that I am still under consideration and this is another set of interviews? Just wanted to know if anyone else received, and how they interpreted...in any case I am happy :)

Ecologaia, are you the poster on the results for UFlorida Ph.D.?? I also applied there (forensics) and just checked the website and it changed and now says they "use a decentralized process to increase faculty involvement in admissions decisions" and to contact the department directly. Which of course means I will no longer sleep tonight. Super worried cause I have NOTHING in my email.

Hey, so sleep better:

I have not had any "official" contact from UFlorida PhD, only directly from the professor who had been my primary POI. He sent me a brief email saying that I had been accepted, and to please be patient for a few weeks, as they would be slow to send out official letters. 

My hopes up for everyone waiting on news!

Go for it. Would love to know how it turns out, and will send out positive thoughts for you. I think there must be another person who heard, because I haven't posted anything on that "Results Search" tab, if that's what you meant... I've just discovered that awful trove. 

nadimishka

I am also applying for biological anthropology at UF, and I have been wondering about the mysterious poster on results for quite a while now

just so u know, the application status website has been changed to that for days

and I too haven't heard anything...I suppose that's a good thing? I do not have the nerve to call...so...

good luck to both of us!

Edited by colalalala

Yeah..... I just called.... I didn't get in :( sad but I know their program for forensics is super competitive. At least it's a decision, I guess. Here's hoping I get some good news from one of the other schools...

Anyone's got an email from Brown Anthro? I am an international applicant, so I dont think they would call me even if I get accepted. But somehow I'm losing my hope bout Brown since I haven't heard anything from there and nothing is written on my status on the application website.

I received an email from the graduate coordinator a few hours after the call. Though, perhaps as an international applicant they aren't planning on inviting you to the recruitment weekend even though they plan to accept you